Do you really want to be the type of "golden ager" who sincerely clings to the culture of his youth as history's greatest?

are you asying grunge was a low point for music in the 90s?

I am.

I won't say it was the greatest in history. but the 90's were FAR superior to the 80's. 90% of the time, if you're at a bar or a social and they play a song from the 80's, people like it because of nostalga. 90's music STILL has credability and still sounds fresh when compared to current music.

(and of course, I don't mean any of this as absolutes. not all 80's music sucks and not all 90's music is great)

oh, and grunge is still great

Do you really want to be the type of "golden ager" who sincerely clings to the culture of his youth as history's greatest?

are you asying grunge was a low point for music in the 90s?

I am.

ah, you're one of those "the 70's had, far and away, the best music of any generation and if you don't agree, you're an idiot" people

We still discuss music from year 600 around these parts, if you honestly think music becomes obsolete over time...then what the fuck.

Edit: Nice Smug comment, I would make them as well if my argument was fucking retarded.

Edited by shade

I'm not saying it's gone forever, but you'd certainly be mistaken to say that music from year 600 is at the forefront of popular music, or that it's what you or any of your friends choose to listen to when you're bored. Most people wouldn't give a first thought to Gregorian chants if not for some scholastic requirement. I don't understand why you even consider this worthy of an argument.

Even so, why not listen to it. I give Bach a few spins here and there.

People still read shakespeare. Good art is good art.

Edit: Unless we are speaking in terms of the media. Well of course they are going to play whats new and 'hip'

Edited by shade