a) your sig is purple ONLY because it's my favourite lol

b) you don't LIKE that song, do you? it's SO BAD.

whats so bad about it?

i didn't know that not liking a song required an explanation. but since you asked, everything? i don't like the way it sounds. it's fucking lame. it's worse than the worst song on with teeth. i just DON'T LIKE IT. i'm surprised that you like it, to be honest.

whats so bad about it?

i didn't know that not liking a song required an explanation. but since you asked, everything? i don't like the way it sounds. it's fucking lame. it's worse than the worst song on with teeth. i just DON'T LIKE IT. i'm surprised that you like it, to be honest.

i didnt mean it to sound as though i thought you needed to explain yourself, i was just wondering out of curiosity.

my first impression of the song was that it sounded like something justin timberlake would do. the chorus sortof redeems it, but the more releases trent puts out, the more i realize that he isn't a very good lyricist. so yeah, i definitely detect the lameness factor you see. i'm not in love with the song, but i liked the fact that it was off-putting and not something that i had expected. also, its noisy, so for me at least, that makes it better than 2/3's of that "with teeth" record.

im looking forward to the album, i think at that point, ill be able to determine if this song is really all that lame or not.

i find the whole "year zero" concept the most annoying part about this whole thing.

whats so bad about it?

i didnt mean it to sound as though i thought you needed to explain yourself, i was just wondering out of curiosity.

my first impression of the song was that it sounded like something justin timberlake would do. the chorus sortof redeems it, but the more releases trent puts out, the more i realize that he isn't a very good lyricist. so yeah, i definitely detect the lameness factor you see. i'm not in love with the song, but i liked the fact that it was off-putting and not something that i had expected. also, its noisy, so for me at least, that makes it better than 2/3's of that "with teeth" record.

im looking forward to the album, i think at that point, ill be able to determine if this song is really all that lame or not.

i find the whole "year zero" concept the most annoying part about this whole thing.

yeah, it was definitely noisy. with teeth never grew on me. it grew on everyone else, it seems.. but not me, and i hoped that this album would make up for that. i know it's not fair to judge it by one song, so i'm not going to.. but i was just really disappointed when i heard it because i was hoping to be blown away.

With Teeth fucking blew. There was nothing new on that album.

each album had growth..then trent just stopped dead.

I think the problem is nothing new in the mainstream seems to be good, so people really want to hold on to these late 80's and 90's bands.

World Wide Suicide!!!!!!!!1111

Edit: I blame his shitty music on the fact that he gave up on the tapeworm project.

Also, you would have to be under 14 to like the lyrics to My Violent Heart. Teen Angst at 40 is good times?

Edited by shade

that's ridiculous. with teeth is last. you feel the same way, you just don't want to admit it. even the worst songs on broken or phm are better than the best songs on wt.

nah. i hate down in it. with teeth (the song) only annoys me.

edit: and broken is fuckin serious. especially after you rip the cd to your computer and get rid of thosed damned 90 some empty tracks between gave up and physical.

Edited by 13chris13

"The term "marketing" sure is a frustrating one for me at the moment. What you are now starting to experience IS "year zero". It's not some kind of gimmick to get you to buy a record - it IS the art form... and we're just getting started. Hope you enjoy the ride."

t.rez on all that stupid internet conspiracy crap for the new album

"The term "marketing" sure is a frustrating one for me at the moment. What you are now starting to experience IS "year zero". It's not some kind of gimmick to get you to buy a record - it IS the art form... and we're just getting started. Hope you enjoy the ride."

whatever happened to letting music speak for itself?

Next week: the NIN trading card game.

no one has ever let music speak for itself. you know who said that? a musician, in an interview, talking about not talking about his music.

And Christy, I am a fan and I still say I enjoy With Teeth more than Broken. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE broken, but I like WT more.

link to fucked up phone message number

edit: that is really kind of creepy.

edit 2: http://www.freewebs.com/ogrekey/MeImNotPhoneNumber.mp3 apparently has it to hear also

edit 3: this site is an interview between one of the cops in that area and one of the "feds" responsible for the investigation into what had happened. they really are going to a lot of effort. it's weird

Edited by Hyphnip