sodamntired

So I'm Listening To Beautiful Midnight

And I've come to an opinion, a...realization, if you may.

Beautiful Midnight is one of the top 10, nay, top 5 best albums of the 90's? I think so.

Let us all take a moment and reflect upon the beauty and awesomeness that is this album. Let us remember how we felt the first time we popped it in our respective cd players/stereos and we heard the cheerleading chant of Giant.

The floor is open to anyone who wishes to express their opinions on this recording.

Yeah, I'm with Dan on that one. It's on my Stranded 5 as well. I haven't really thought about it in awhile, but there would be BM, Morning View (Incubus), Dookie (Green Day), Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (MCR), and a Bob Marley Greatest Hits.

D

1) underdogs

2) frogstomp

3) sixteen stone

4) BM

it's all subjective. the early ninetys was loaded with awsome albums.your greendays, nirvanas, sound gardens,pearl jams.But when BM came out mainstream music blew and has continued to blow since. The killers? Kill me please. it's my deeestiny callling me . *Shudder*

i don't know guys, there ARE some great moments on beautiful night... it's definitely a 4 star album... it's missing whatever ingredient it was that made aob the best mgb album ever.... certainly captured mgb at their happiest time tho, to my knowledge at least.

it's missing whatever ingredient it was that made aob the best mgb album ever

underdogs and BM were both much stronger than AOB. That's just my opinion. But it would make sense considering that the band was likely more united during those albums. As everyone knows Dave left before the release of AOB and it certainly showed. AOB was missing the unity that made the previous two records so great. it followed the same formula as BM and although it was an awsome album it seemed a bit tired and less genuine in a way

I think that AOB is a great album, I had no clue that the band was falling apart at the time. when I heard it I urged all my friends to go and buy this album cuz it just blew me away. Some songs were rockers and some just plain soulful and beautiful. Even tho the band at the time were angry at teh time they did put out an amazing record.

I don't know - for me, every MGB or MG album has its time in the spotlight. Right now, I've been listening to AOB for a few days - and it really is my fav right now. And it's weird...Everytime I start listening to any of the albums, a new song becomes a favorite on that album. It's weird how your tastes and preferences change whether it's because of a particular lyric(s) or because of the music.

They are all Good.

its weird but i think beautiful midnight is my least favorite MGB/MG album. fav is avalanche then underdogs then AOB then WLRRR then ghetto astronaughts and beatiful midnight are about the same. beatiful midnight has amazing songs like hello time bomb and load me up and giant and strange days which are some of my fav songs but i find i just like the album as a whole less than the others.

Edited by Goudie

If the rest of those songs from BM were released as singles you'd probably like them just as much.

Even though Underdogs is my favorite album I have to say that unlike some of the other albums, there isn't a weak song on BM.not a single one.

I first heard BM as the American relase...Deep Six immediately had in a sense ruined some of the progression of the album for me. I bought a Canadian copy eventually and I had a new respect for it. I personally enjoy AoB overall, you can actually tell which songs came and which he struggled with. I see parts of Underdogs how a lot of people see Aob, kind of processed and rushed. Not that it takes anything away from the records, just an opinion.

Guest Bimbly

I find, what stops me from loving AOB, is partly the production. It just seems a bit over the top and flat out doesn't sound as good as his other records. And I loved Dave Genn's guitar playing on BM but it seems a bit... uninspired or something on AOB.