Ray_Gun

Didn't Win To Get In The Ottawa Show?...no Problem

If you didn't happen to win any of the tickets the bear was giving away, or didn't get an e mail from PRS Concerts, there still may be a chance for you to go to the Ottawa show. If you have been listening to the bear recently they have been saying that Matthew Good will be the big finally at the year of your life party. So i am guessing that all the prizes will have been given out and then Matt will take the stage. Of all the people that won to get in maybe three quarters of them are going to be interested in the show once they don't win any prizes. So if the bear let in 800 people you will probably see at least 200 leave after they don't win. So line up sometime between 9:30 - 10:00 of so and as contest winners leave you may be able to beg and plead your way into the show. Hey it's worth a shot if you really want to see the show.

Is this an "I hear from a good source that this is true" suggestion, or an "I'm completely pulling this out of my ass" suggestion? Cause it sounds like the latter.

Venues generally don't allow people in late in shows like that. I've been to free concerts where the band played their big single and half the crowd left, but the venue refused to let more people in.

...Venues generally don't allow people in late in shows like that. I've been to free concerts where the band played their big single and half the crowd left...

That's both funny and sad at the same time.

This won't happen so don't waste you're time.

Anyone showing up for the contest has to stay all night as the big prize draw is AFTER the MG show.....

I got tickets from The Bear so the doors open at 6:30pm for Bear winners, people that got tickets form MG will be at the "Back of the Bus" ;).

Also....on a side note...the Acoustic show in Ottawa was F* amazing last night.....especially front row in front of him..... B)

i know... i'm bummed that i won't be up front (i knew it was an unrealistic request; i was just joking), but i can't complain. nothing cheaper than something free.

last night was... orgasmic.

You were there last night? Was unreal eh?

I was up front row with the white Ottawa Senators hat....couldn't have had a better spot in the building, directly below Matt! ;)

i get so annoyed when 15 year old little blonde girls (who pushed their way up to the front to begin with) give me shit for being so tall...

but yeah. i'm not going to complain at all. free concert = rocks. (i definitely would've paid if it meant i was up front, though...)

hence the reason I don't like going to "All Ages" shows! ;)

This one goes to all the tall people out there:

In my personal opinion (and I'm 5'11"). I see why people bitch about the taller people.

If you're taller than most around you, have the courtesy to stand more to the side of the stage or position yourself so you're in line with another 'ogre'. Get a good view, but try not to be a 'tree' in front of 20-30 rows of people behind you. The only thing worse is when a 'forest' happens and you have a whole line of 'ogres' blocking the view.

Me I position myself right behind my girlfriend (5'6")and we position ourselves so we're around people our own height to limit the 'forest' effect.

I'm all for first come, first serve, but it doesn't mean you can't look around and try to position yourself a bit better. I'm sure the 20 people around you would thank you for it.

Thanks,

Dan

I'm all for first come, first serve

You hit the answer right there....if you are short and worried about you're spot, then get there early, if not stop whining and take what you get.....

Just because someone is taller, this leaves short people to get the better spot in the crowd due to there issue of being "Vertically Challenged"? ;)

I'm not saying tall people should move out of the way and give the prime spots to shorter people, I'm just saying have some courtesy to look around and see where the other 'trees' are.

Not everyone has a whole afternoon to kill waiting in line. Some have jobs and other commitments.

If you have the selfish mentality to say screw other people, then you're part of the reason there's so much hate & violence in the world.

Not everyone is as blessed as you are to be so tall. I'm sure if you had a friend or spouse that was short, you wouldn't be such a dick.

I'm not saying tall people should move out of the way and give the prime spots to shorter people, I'm just saying have some courtesy to look around and see where the other 'trees' are.

Not everyone has a whole afternoon to kill waiting in line. Some have jobs and other commitments.

If you have the selfish mentality to say screw other people, then you're part of the reason there's so much hate & violence in the world.

Not everyone is as blessed as you are to be so tall. I'm sure if you had a friend or spouse that was short, you wouldn't be such a dick.

are you for real?!

well, since these other people aren't our spouses or friends...fuck'em

why should someone whose waited an hour or more give up their spot to someone who waited 5 minutes? that's so assinine for you to even say.

if you can't plan your day accordingly, it's not the other concert goers problem

Being "selfish" in wanting to stand in the spot you earned by showing up early at a concert compared to "all the hate and violence" in the world is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's ridiculous to make that generalization/connection.

If someone showed up to a show two hours before me, and is two feet taller than me, they deserve to be in front. It's annoying, yes, but it's not his problem that I didn't get off work before he did.