Is Marilyn Manson going to be rememberred as a genius or a nincompoop for his work??  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Marilyn Manson going to be rememberred as a genius or a nincompoop for his work??

• Genius
    • Nincompoop

as reported by MTV:

Marilyn Manson Likens His New Guitar God To A Naked Woman

10.28.2005 8:30 PM EDT

Rocker finishing up sixth LP, launching an art movement.

Marilyn Manson

Photo: Ali Mahdavi

Everyone believed Marilyn Manson when he announced three months ago that he'd be throwing in the proverbial rock and roll towel to focus all his creative attention on film. Manson, the consummate rock star, was fibbing in a sense

i think that people MAY remember him in 20yrs...lets say when their kids are going through their record collections and pull out a manson cd. he won't be remembered like alice cooper or kiss are, because lets face it, they were/are bloody cool. lol.

my option would be in the middle, so that means i can not vote.

I think he will be remembered 20 years from now, its just hard to see it as him being remembered like Kiss and Alice Cooper because A) No one likes and respects newcomer bands as much as predecessors and B) It hasnt been even 10 years since hes gone away so we havent had a chance to really miss him yet.

Mechanical Animals was his best album in my opinion. Im really interested to see what else he can do outside of a musical realm.

I love Manson but i have trouble holding faith in him as a person, because Pogo's the only original member, and with a turnover rate like that, it makes you wonder what he's actually like as a person. I don't how true they are, but John 5 said some pretty nasty things since his departure..

I love the trilogy, but everything other than that has been kind of boring in my opinion, with the exception of GOAG's b-side, "Believe."

I used to kidna like Manson (Grade 8, so '97) I lost interest, but stll had respect for him. Then I went to New Music West in 2001, he was the keynote speaker that year. He basically admitted to dressing up to make more money. Something along the lines of not being a musician, but an entertainer. I lost all respect, he's a 'douche vader' for sure.

I respect the man, especially Mechanical Animals and Holywood. But I don't know what he was trying to prove with The Golden Age Of Grotesque.

he was confirming that watered-down rock music can, in fact, be written with rap lyrics.

i mean.. i've got an F and a C and i've got a K too.... all that's missing is a bitch like U? tell me that's not a rap song in disguise.

I respect the man, especially Mechanical Animals and Holywood. But I don't know what he was trying to prove with The Golden Age Of Grotesque.

he was confirming that watered-down rock music can, in fact, be written with rap lyrics.

i mean.. i've got an F and a C and i've got a K too.... all that's missing is a bitch like U? tell me that's not a rap song in disguise.

i think he was trying to come off as clever, using rap to make fun of the people involved in it... not that it worked though... he was tryign to be ironic but irony died in the 90s.

I love Manson but i have trouble holding faith in him as a person, because Pogo's the only original member, and with a turnover rate like that, it makes you wonder what he's actually like as a person. I don't how true they are, but John 5 said some pretty nasty things since his departure..

yeah, perhaps he's the new axl rose. "marilyn manson and the revolving doors"

Edited by borntohula

i think he was trying to come off as clever, using rap to make fun of the people involved in it... not that it worked though... he was tryign to be ironic but irony died in the 90s.

i dunno. this isn't the first time he's done something rap-ish. i mean, look at the tainted love video... and he basically raps in the new shit. i think he's got a case of rap envy and we're going to see some link park numetal rap stylings on his next album.