bobbyshane

Anyone Into Lost?

fuck the only thing that pisses me off about that show is that you'll watch an amazing episode then wait an entire week to see some more crazy shit then....you're stuck with an extremly old episode!

That was a crazy ending when they found out that that guy wasn't really who he said he was (can't remember the name) he was really one of the "Others".

I think I bashed this in some other thread, anyway.

this show is becoming the x-files . it increasingly spews out more questions than answers. And, just like the x-files, it's become plainly obvious that the answers to those questions will be postponed until nobody cares about the show anymore. as long as there's a nerdy following large enough to sustain ratings the producers will stretch the show.

it's like the Leafs. As long as people care, there will never be a satisfying end to the Leafs story.

all the characters exhibit the same overly mysterious demeanor which makes the show appear phony in the same manner that C.S.I detectives made investigative shows boring years ago. Everyone's cunning, sarcastic and wise. Instead of each character being his or her own character, there's just a myriad of lines which can be randomly spoken by everyone and everyone generally sounds the same. it's like there's only one character, and that character is boring as hell. kind of like the Gilmore Girls or General hospital.

you are so cynical. At least it takes place on an island and it's not just another crime show (which you rightfully bashed). I enjoy its cliffhanger and episodic flashback style to portray each character's (not just ONE boring one) background.

I do agree however that answers will most likely be postponed until the show is airing on friday night - the death slot - and i will have probably long ago stopped watching. But I'll enjoy it now, and then i'll find out what ended up happening 5 years from now on the internet, thank you very much.

How dare you draw a comparison to Gilmore Girls, or any WB show for that matter ;)

This week's episode kicks ass...Who'da thunk he would've shot those 2 and himself...

I think the Others brainwashed him or made a truce to renite him with Walt if he rescued "Henry".

The biggest question is...Is this really the consequence for drunk driving? :angry: ;) lol

Well last I heard, they were talking about developing her character to get out of her hardass shell and more sensitive...and ya, they've done it a bit...but not to the extent it sounded like they want to. That's what leads me to believe she's not toast...and they only said she's dead...referring to one of them...and Libby got the worst of it I think.

MR is done as dinner. She signed on for one year and the producers had purposely been misleading everyone saying she wouldn't be written out of the show/her character would be developed etc.

Libby...

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
isn't dead yet I don't think, but she will be gone before the end of the season. She shows up in Desmond's flashback in the season finale, though.

sorry i missed it. what exactly happened there?? does anyone wanna share like the whole episdoe or at least the important parts?

The important parts:

At the start of the episode, Henry tries to kill Ana Lucia, Locke beats him with a crutch and Ana gets away. Later Henry tells Locke that he came to the hatch to get Locke, he's one of the good ones.

Michael tells Jack Locke and Kate about what he found at the Others' camp. He said they were living in tents, were barely armed, and they had a hatch.

Jack decides to get the guns from sawyer, so he holds a gun in his face and tells him to take them to the guns. Sawyer, having shagged Ana in the jungle earlier, reaches for his gun, but it's not there (Ana stole after bouncing Sawyer). Locke suspects something might be happening in the hatch.

Back at the hatch, Ana Lucia holds Sawyer's gun to Henry's face, ready to shoot him. She doesn't kill him. As she's sitting on the couch, Michael approaches her and she tells him she couldn't do it. Michael volunteers to kill Henry for her. She gives him the gun.

Michael gets the combo to the gun safe from Ana, then says sorry, and shoots her once in the chest. Libby then enters, holding a blanket for her picnic with Hurley. Looking surprised she screames "Michael!" Shocked, Michael turns around and shoots Libby twice in the stomache. She falls over with her mouth open. Michael then enters the gun safe, leaving the door open. The camera zooms in on him and he turns the gun on his shoulder, shoots... LOST

Edited by avieth

http://www.thehansofoundation.org

You should check out the above page, it was put up by the producers of the show and it's been said that the webpage reveals some information on "the others".

Did you try signing up for the newsletter? It's cool, it's like someone hacks in and asks for a password. It says to call the call center.

"The advertisement shown was the same as is currently shown on the Hanso Foundation website. However, the broadcast advertisments also included a freephone/toll-free telephone number to call; 0800 66 66 40 in the UK, 1-877-HANSORG (1-877-426-7674) in the USA and 1800 22 77 17 in Australia."

Yeah the phone number for the ARG ;) I don't really like the idea of that game (alternate reality game). I just don't think most people have the time to chase lost clues over the phone and on these secret little web pages.

I can't wait until all the shows are done. I'm too addicted to TV and since summer TV sucks, I can finally get off the couch (I do snowboard in the winter though - but I tape all my shows anyways).

Giggles - ABC.com has started uploading episodes, so you can catch up. They only had 4 last time I checked, but hopefully they will upload the full season (like they did with Alias).

ABC are retards though, not sure if you heard about next season, but they're gonna show 7 straight episodes, then take a hiatus until Jan/Feb to make room for a new show, Day Break...but the good news is there won't be many reruns and if Day Break tanks, maybe they'll startup Lost sooner. Why not just wait until Jan/Feb and show them all at once rather than losing fans (ala Prison Break this season...lol).

Also, the S2 dvd comes out on Oct 2. Why not release the DVD in the summer to allow people to catch up so you can have more viewers in the fall...Idiots!!! (Say it in Nap. Dyn. fashion)