Prometheon

Yes! Fuck Yeah!

I always thought it was

L- Learner's (You get it at sixteen by writing a written exam, and can drive with an adult in the car and one other passenger besides family)

N- New (you don't need an adult, but are only aloud one passenger besides family)

And then you have your license.

Yea, that is the system in BC. Each province has their own.

SK just switched to graduated licensing last summer, so it didn't have any effect on me. It used to just be two years of probation (extended if you got too many tickets, etc, or if you had any alcohol in your blood) after 6 months of having your learner's.

Here is the way it works in SK now:

chart.gif

In Calgary it's;

Learners - only drive with a licenced person age 18+

Graduated licence - drive by yourself, can't drive between 1-5am, 0 alcohol tolerance, your last year of the 2 year probation you can't get a any tickets or the probation is extended (I believe that's how it works) then you have to take another test for the full licence.

you pretty much hit it on the nose. Yaser. that graduated stuff is crap. why didnt all you other people jusyt get ur licences before they changed it? or is that different than the best province ever too. (Alberta.....) like osme of you said u are 19 and just getting it. why not get it when ur 16?!

and just a side topic, why are teenagers these days putting off getting their licenses? life is so much better when u can drive where ever. yeash. lazy teens, i got my license a day after i turned 16

I'd think damn expensive insurance can be a good license getting deterrent.

You may have your license, but what good is it without a car to drive.

Sure the longer you have a license the more your insurance will invariably drop, but generally not having insurance while having your license is frowned upon.

If you haven't been paying insurance than you haven't been helping the man, so the man needs to make up for lost time.

Frankly obstacles for young drivers are good. If your mature enough to realize that you've got to put up with them to drive, than good for you, drive. If you huff and puff that your getting screwed, well, than maybe you shouldn't be out on the road on your own yet.