buffalo77

Summer Plans

going to toronto. going to the cn tower, jays game, wayne gretzky's restaurant, HHOF, science center. everythig fun

toronto has a lot better things than any of that.

like the church of scientology

im not an idiot. scientology is bullshat. i think that i have a pretty fun week planned. did i mention i plan to be dunk 90% of the time

I'll be making enough cash to have some decent spending money at university next year, and it's not as though I'm going to be working seven days a week.

I'll also probably be doing a bunch of camping with the family. That's not quite as fun. If only because camping usually has the capacity to suck something fierce.

Like I said, 14 bucks an hour as an apprentice electrician. Getting coffee and simple wiring tasks. It's better than earning 8 bucks an hour at Home Depot.

EDIT: Hold on. Itchy, are you saying that the sum I'll be earning is sad or that the fact I'll only be earning lots of money is sad?

My estimate is only based on the fact my brother did the same program for about half the summer last year (just over a month, I think) and earned that much money. I'm not entirely sure when I'll be starting.

Edited by ecnarf

Like I said, 14 bucks an hour as an apprentice electrician. Getting coffee and simple wiring tasks. It's better than earning 8 bucks an hour at Home Depot.

EDIT: Hold on. Itchy, are you saying that the sum I'll be earning is sad or that the fact I'll only be earning lots of money is sad?

My estimate is only based on the fact my brother did the same program for about half the summer last year (just over a month, I think) and earned that much money. I'm not entirely sure when I'll be starting.

Oh, well making that much in just over a month is alright.

When I think of making $x in a summer, I think $x/4months, but my brain went there without remembering that coming out of HS you don't get 4 months of work.

My bad.

While $14 is pretty good, it's not LOTS of money.

What else could a high school graduate do that paid more than that as a starting salary?

Keep in mind, this isn't Alberta.

There are lots of things, it just depends on how hard you want to work. I didn't worked in BC for more money, but it wasn't easy.

skilled trade is pretty much the only thing you can do that, at entry level, will pay significantly higher than minimum wage.

What about the labour force? Any primary industry will pay significantly more than minimum wage. (That means more than just the oil industry) Land surveying also pays pretty good.

if you consider $10/hr significant then you have a point. as far as land surveying goes, dont you need to be certified?

Not really, but once you're certified through a school or something then you can make alot more money.

ya u can run your own business and sign off on legal documents. pretty much your signature becomes a license to print money. but it is a gay boring profession, unless u get into lydar or somethign. i think thats what its called, but anyways its when they fly over top of stuff and take 3D models of it, with rpetty much a "lazer wall" which sees evertyhign and the maeks a model. they use it for tensions power lines, the more tension, the easier it is for the power to go through, more sag=more power lost.

skilled trade is pretty much the only thing you can do that, at entry level, will pay significantly higher than minimum wage.

What about the labour force? Any primary industry will pay significantly more than minimum wage. (That means more than just the oil industry) Land surveying also pays pretty good.

Again, this isn't Alberta. I know that out in Alberta working in a Tim Horton's will get you upwards of $10/hr, but it's not like that out here.

Guest jsunC

i made $14.50 an hour last summer working at a packaging plant.. This summer i'm just workin at a restaurant for $10.50/hour

It's so much easier, that i don't even care about the money