hum-an-ole

Youtube Videos

Well they were a Swedish band, on a Swedish label, weren't they ?

How many Swedish bands have monster hits over in Canada, and Hardcore bands at that ?

It's not that surprising really.

Abba. high school guys love what they think is hard rock ie Metallica, Slipknot, Their album was released by Epitaph Records, an American Label, in North America. I was introduced to the band by a skater, I thought I was a Punk Rocker then.

MTV cold have played it on 120 Minutes.

120 Minutes began on March 10, 1986.[1] For the first ten years of 120 Minutes, viewers could see artists as varied as The Jesus and Mary Chain, Bronski Beat, New Order, The Replacements, The Verve, Weezer, Robyn Hitchcock, Oasis, Blur, Butthole Surfers, Radiohead, KMFDM, Kate Bush, The Ramones, XTC, Morrissey, Kitchens of Distinction, They Might Be Giants, and H

Edited by sodamntired

Abba.

Exactly. A radio-friendly pop band.

High school guys love what they think is hard rock ie Metallica, Slipknot

Totally different audience to Refused fans, no ?

MTV cold have played it on 120 Minutes.

Yes they could've, but then that's probably true for tonnes of bands, most being much more accessible.

I believe the first time I saw the music video was on Much. on the Wedge.

Well then they got TV airplay too, can't complain.

Their album was released by Epitaph Records, an American Label, in North America.

Which album ? They were on Burning Heart records for the most part. But if they got an American release, that's hardly a failing for a band like Refused.

Basically, if there's one great example of a record label failing to promote a band, it just isn't Refused (who you've admitted has had a release and airplay in America !).

Most Swedish bands won't make it out of Sweden as far as mainstream attention goes, and as a band who like screaming, they've done well to even be noticed internationally.