steve

Never Released Song On Mmmbio..

Well depending on the hardware your computer has there are different ways to do it. Do you have a graphic card with TV input?

If not, do you have a DVD Recorder on your TV?

If not...well...the only way I can see then is to put a computer mic in front of the speakers whilst the song plays lol

That's all I can come up with ;)

you'd probably be better off recording to your pc's "line in" if it has one. you would probably find it in the back of the computer near the mic input and the speaker output. they're more likely to give you nice stereo sound than a mic input, though the recording level might need to be turned up.

if it's a regular cassette tape, i'd assume you'd need:

a tape player with a "headphone" (3.5mm) output

a pc with a (3.5mm) line-in/mic input

a cord (probably 1-3 feet long for comfort) with two male 3.5mm ends

recording software, like Audacity

then it should be a matter of opening the program, selecting the proper input (mic or line in), adjusting the recording level, clicking "record" on the software, pushing "play" on the tape player, and letting it roll.. then export the sound as a .wav and digitally sweeten/recompress it.

if only i had a good cassette player...

it's a video, eh? d'oh...

that makes things more complicated.... yeah, you need someone with a VCR, a good video capture card, and Final Cut/Premiere (for the best transfer quality)...

i've got a slightly different USB capture card that captures from a VCR or whatnot... problem is that I haven't figured out how to get it to not look like crap, heh... i'll fool around with it and see if i can get it looking purty. keep ya posted.

Ya i could do it, done it lots before.. i have a good video capture card with component and s-video inputs and Adobe Premiere... would have to ship to Olds Alberta...

OLDS!!! Our old road manager is from Olds!!!

Holy shit!!!

Small world.

so its true... ;) when i was dating my EX girlfriend, her nabours came over and i was listening to some matt good and they heard it and said their son was a manager for them and she said she has some pics and stuff of you guys.. i didnt know if i should belive her or not... damn thats awesome!!