Crusader

Ask Geoff ( Memorial Thread )

Hmmm maybe ask Matthew?....

;) Wow!!!! What a concept!!!! He's really bad at getting back to me fer some reason or I would have.

You guys seem to know more about us than we do so I thought I'd start here.

Fine I'll e-mail him...it's buggin' me now.

Guest Prosis

Now how in the world were we supposed to know that lol ;)

In other news, whatever happened to that MuchMusic song you had on VHS?

Guest Prosis

Oh Anton, you're just seeking for an excuse to hang around with a rock star...just admit it

I know you have a life size poster of Geoff on your ceiling...I know where you live

Maybe I should have another coffee...

Guest Prosis

Hey Geoff, this question popped in my head this morning: Are you the one playing on Lo-Fi B-Sides?

If so, when and how was it recorded? (Before Underdogs, after Underdogs, live off the floor or standard track by track instrumentation)

I think I have gone crazy, and need serious mental help.

I always have joked about hearing "voices" in my head, but in the past few months I have slowly started to hear more and more "noises" in my head. Most of them being some sort of guitar sounds that I have somewhat heard before but not in that order. It seemed to form some sort of song in my head, usually that happens over a course of a day. WHle during that same time, drum beats that oddly go together with the sound of the guitar, and bass that adds as well. Sometimes I am even able to come up with vocals.....that make sense

I have a guitar, but haven't practiced much, so I don't get why these "noises in my head keep coming up. IS this going to ill me? Could it be good in anyways?

Also, I am sober while this happens, nor do I do any sort of drugs or alcohol at all, so I don't think I am going on any trips during this.

And yes I am serious about this, and for the most part know why, but am trying to make a subject I find very serious, and positive, to sound like some sort of mental illnes, which has been a topic matter in my life at points.

Yes Geoff I'm curious as well. He's good, but he's not very present. He plays like he's just there to collect a check. No movement, no sense that he's into what he's playing. Very routine, he had some opportunities to really wreck shit, like during Hello Time Bomb, and Everything Is Automatic, but truthfully he just went the easy road. I think him laying down that Symbolistic White Walls riff, would have been pretty uninspired...It's a stone groove, you can't just play it.

Yes Geoff I'm curious as well. He's good, but he's not very present. He plays like he's just there to collect a check. No movement, no sense that he's into what he's playing. Very routine, he had some opportunities to really wreck shit, like during Hello Time Bomb, and Everything Is Automatic, but truthfully he just went the easy road. I think him laying down that Symbolistic White Walls riff, would have been pretty uninspired...It's a stone groove, you can't just play it.

...it's because I wrote the bass part. In my time I've played "Brown Eyed Girl" a million times...I didn't write it.Therefore no passion.

I'm gonna say something that makes me REALLY uncomfortable...

I'm a pretty unique bass player. Not too many people "get" what I've played. It's not a boast, it's a fact.I'm a weirdo. ;)

I'll accept you're a wierdo ;) :angry: amd yes you are unique. :angry: :angry: Some of the things you've done, are not easy to duplicate. But, even after playing a cover I truly despise for the 500th time, I still get into the groove of just playing. Especially when the drummer is really on.

Ian was almost always "on".I think I can count on 1 finger the times he wasn't!!! ;)

We clicked right off the bat...haven't spoken to him since I left really.

Monitor guys use to scratch their heads when I told them all I needed was Ians kick. No vocal no me no nuthin'...just Ians kick.

Edited by the old guy

I have several live tracks from when you were in the band. You two gelled amazingly, did you two spend a lot of time just jamming together, to get that feel? He's pretty damned good.

Do you still keep in touch with him?

Wow!!! Thanx!!!

As far as us being in touch... he's a series of 1's and 0's on my Myspace.... ;)