Crusader

Facebook Recruitment Drives

The worst thing is when they come at you in person. I was walking down the street one day, when some army fellows pulled over in a mini van and started hassling me to join. At least when they send letters in the mail or advertise on websites, it's a lot easier to ignore.

The worst thing is when they come at you in person.  I was walking down the street one day, when some army fellows pulled over in a mini van and started hassling me to join.  At least when they send letters in the mail or advertise on websites, it's a lot easier to ignore.

Ive only gotten that when they came to my highschool back in the day, but thats messed, if i was just walking down the street and some recruiter was hasseling me id probably loose it on him/her.

Edited by supercanuk

it should come at no surprise. look at what facebook is:

http://albumoftheday.com/facebook/

here's an article explaining the above video:

http://www.sematopia.com/?p=176

facebook is an application allowing for the collection of personal information that is volouteered by us. why do you think they ask EXACLTY how you know people, and things like your phone number and such...

10 years ago wasn't everyone screaming "don't tell anyone on the internet your real name!!!"

Every bit of information you give to any organization at any time for any reason is subject to use and misuse. Facebook is just efficient. If you're worried, you can choose to poison the system with lies.

I was walking down the street one day, when some army fellows pulled over in a mini van and started hassling me to join.

"What's wrong with this country? Can't a man walk down the street without being offered a job?"

Edited by Sparq

Whether you advertise your particulars online or you don't...it doesn't matter. That information is easily accessable through other means at any rate, even after security upgrades. Most of us live such meaningless lives that it wouldn't matter if they knew this information anyway