saraislipknot

Favorite Matthew Good Band Album

What is your favorite Matthew Good Band album?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Matthew Good Band album?

• Last of the Ghetto Astronauts
    • Underdogs
    • Beautiful Midnight
    • The Audio of Being

I went with Midnight since it was an introductory album for me, so it holds a special place

Same. I mean, I love all the albums, But I can recall buying BM and coming home, Putting it in my CD player then listening to Giant on repeat for about an hour.

Kind of the same with 'Avalanche', It was the first MG solo stuff I listened to (actually first thing I listened to from MG or MGB), so it's my favorite MG solo album (Actually one of my favorite 3 albums ever, but anyways)

I voted for Audio Of Being, but I prolly should have voted for Underdogs. Audio got the nod only cause it's better produced than Underdogs & the songs on AOB are fuller & richer sounding - Underdogs is way rawer, but that's it's appeal too (I know I'm contradicting myself).

I love 'em both. Underdogs will always be a sentimental fav for me cause that's the album that got me into MGB.

I'm actually quite surprised by the results of this poll. I was quite certain Beautiful Midnight will lead.

Nah... any poll I can remember put Audio of Being first. The fact that Beautiful Midnight outsold Audio of Being is probably due to the fact that most buyers were casual only casual listeners. I think for the devout crowd Audio of Being will always be the favourite.

Nah... any poll I can remember put Audio of Being first. The fact that Beautiful Midnight outsold Audio of Being is probably due to the fact that most buyers were casual only casual listeners. I think for the devout crowd Audio of Being will always be the favourite.

Beautiful Midnight had more "singles" on it.

I've always thought Audio Of Being to be a more personal album for Matt.

Audio of Being and Beautiful Midnight were a near tie for me, but I went with BM because I think as a whole, it stands up beetter then AoB, even if AoB may have better individual songs.

edit: its interesting to see AoB out front though. It shows how our taste as fans really changes, because I'm sure that if I was to recommend an album to someone who wanted to get into Matt, that would be the last one I'd pick. It might be the hardest one to get into and also the most rewarding. Makes me wonder what we will be saying about Hospital Music in a few years, as the reviews for it have been pretty mediocre here (myself included).

Edited by primetime_deliverance

It's too bad Matt Good hates She's Got A New Disguise. I love that song...it would have been an awesome acoustic song on Rooms.

Really? I think it's already pretty much acoustic, and would have been among the more boring tracks were it on rooms, since it'd be so similar (like Strange Days.)

And there was already an acoustic version of Apparitions floating around that we didn't need the Rooms version. And Truffle Pigs was basically acoustic too. Prime Time Deliverance and Strange Days.

I really didn't think that mattered. And a reimagined sgand would have been amazing. But that's just me.

Edited by Gomo

This is actually one of the hardest choices to make. For me, its no question between Beautiful Midnight and the Audio of Being. BM has some of the most beautiful songs MGB ever played, theres not one bad song. The problem is, I feel the exact same way about the Audio of Being. I guess the one difference is that when I listen to AoB, I can really just feel the band imploding. The entire cd flows better than any other MGB or even MG cd. So I guess AoB comes out by the slimmest of margins.