Guest Prosis

Possibility Of A New Ep!

It was okay. Definitely the definition of a "teaser". Slow-ish piano/keyboard piece with drum samples. Reminded me slightly of "Dusk". Some guitar (mostly acoustic) pieces at times. No vocals. I thought it sounded kind of ambient (eg, Massive Attack). Struck me as more of a concept/idea than as a fully-formed song. (I believe it was in the range of forty-five seconds to a minute long.) Not something I'd listen to repeatedly, but really makes me curious to hear what the finished product will sound like.

It couldn't have been on his Myspace more than a couple of hours - I'd be shocked if anybody captured it.

Edited by uglyredhonda

Those aren't drum samples

Yeah, I saw that he said, "Those drums aren't a loop." But I'm trying to figure out what he meant by that, as it absolutely didn't sound like live percussion. I initially took what he said to mean that it wasn't a pre-programmed Garageband loop - that he was triggering the samples as an instrument.

Basically, the percussion on the "Black Helicopter" demo sounded more like real percussion to me (even though it was obvious it was Garageband) than the teaser. Which isn't to say that it sounded crappy on the teaser - it just sounded more like an artistic choice, like what you might hear in ambient music. It just didn't sound like something being physically struck - it sounded synthesized.

Naturally, being able to hear it again would help answer the question, but that's why we're in this in the first place. ;)

All it takes is 45 seconds.  45 seconds out of 3 hours.  Somebody must have it.

The problem is that you can probably count on one hand the number of people around here who could capture a streaming Myspace track to share it as an MP3. And nearly all of those people would have been at work or at school during the two hours that the track was online - and if any of them heard the track (and actually considered grabbing it), they more than likely assumed they'd be able to deal with it later. I mean, I'm not even sure I made it through the entire clip - I just figured I'd give it a more serious listen when I got home.

i have it now, thanks to brianj.

the piano sounds like a happier/faster dusk and you can hear the trademark guitar. the drums are good too and it doesn't sound like a loop.

this sample is up to par with avalanche.

edit: Up in store as "Teaser 1"

Yeah, I saw that he said, "Those drums aren't a loop." But I'm trying to figure out what he meant by that, as it absolutely didn't sound like live percussion. I initially took what he said to mean that it wasn't a pre-programmed Garageband loop - that he was triggering the samples as an instrument.

Basically, the percussion on the "Black Helicopter" demo sounded more like real percussion to me (even though it was obvious it was Garageband) than the teaser. Which isn't to say that it sounded crappy on the teaser - it just sounded more like an artistic choice, like what you might hear in ambient music. It just didn't sound like something being physically struck - it sounded synthesized.

Naturally, being able to hear it again would help answer the question, but that's why we're in this in the first place. ;)

Yeah now I see what you mean (after hearing it...)

Disappointed of the no lyrics thing...but it is reminiscent of Dusk indeed