I'm going to be a motherfucking hipster and say the best album of 2007 was and is:

IN RAINBOWS

videotape2.jpg

The album would be perfect if they canned house of cards and brought in go slowly imo....however it might ruin the general flow/feel.

either way...this has been a jawsome year for music. I look foreword to 2008

Edited by shade

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. Lots of people really didn't like this album, apparently, but I totally dug it. I listened to Spitting Venom nonstop for a period of time, which I now refer to as the greatest time of my life, replacing the time as a child that my sister and I were allowed to go behind the counter and dip our own doughnuts in sprinkles at Robin's Doughnuts. In hindsight, I'd have called the health inspector shortly thereafter.

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. Lots of people really didn't like this album, apparently, but I totally dug it. I listened to Spitting Venom nonstop for a period of time, which I now refer to as the greatest time of my life, replacing the time as a child that my sister and I were allowed to go behind the counter and dip our own doughnuts in sprinkles at Robin's Doughnuts. In hindsight, I'd have called the health inspector shortly thereafter.

Good call. I totally forgot about that album, while it was not as strong as the last album, still it kicked ass.

10 pages and not a single person mentioned 'in our bedroom after the war' by stars????

other albums that were mentioned earlier that were great to me:

kevin drew

arcade fire (i hate how people forget about albums that came out earlier in the year--especially on like 'end of the year review countdowns'

modest mouse (see above)

wintersleep

explosions in the sky (underrated on this forum)

radiohead

good:

silverchair

dinosaur jr

nin

jesu

battles (little overrated, tortoise is better)

rob crow

matthew good

foo fighters album was actually good but didn't even buy

tegan and sara

meh:

tomahawk

bad:

smashing pumpkins

jimmy eat world

chris cornell

didn

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton