Guest Prosis

Sell Or Keep?

Should I Sell My Signed Copy of Loser Anthems  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Sell My Signed Copy of Loser Anthems

• Yes
    • No

I'm in deep do do financially...and although I know that would not make me rich, a little 100$ would not hurt.

I have a signed copy of Loser Anthems by all four members of the MGB (and I didn't put this is the Marketplace forum because I didn't decide whether I would sell it or not).

I saw a used copy for 80$ on amazon.ca and I thought that an autographed one could go a little higher price wise.

Should I sell it?

I don't consider selling your possessions a good way to get out of debt because it's a temporary solution to what is usually an ongoing problem. I say figure out why you're in debt and try to change that. Is it possible to find an extra source of income? Or is minimizing your cost of living an option?

Well I'm not seriously in debt but will be because we're buying a house ;)

But for the moment, it would only serve as a personal expenses thing given that it's sitting in my CD tray and picking up dust.

And the main reasons why I'm in debt are: school + wedding + my company on which I've spent a lot but have yet to have a contract...

That said, I will get out of it sooner or later, but until then I'm really tight. And since I'm not a big spender at all, I thought hey, if I can get 100$ for it, I'll have enough to do the things I like to do like going to the movies, restaurant, at least for a little while.

So considering this, no small amount is negligible...:angry:

It seems like an independent financial planner would only make money by charging you for a consult.

I wouldn't sell it, it's not going to give you a long term solution. Since you are going to end up bound to a strict budget in the end, why sell the disk? Unless you honestly value some paltry entertainment now higher than the continued possession of the disk.

I'd say if the CD means absolutely nothing to you then go crazy, but if it does carry some sort of sentimental value then keep it. It sounds like this is mostly for spending money for a few weeks, and well, those things never appreciate in value, but a signed CD does. Is there anything else you could sell for some cash? I would just stay away from stuff that COULD appreciate in value because if years from now you see that same signed CD on amazon for like 300$ you might kick yourself in the ass.

I don't consider selling your possessions a good way to get out of debt because it's a temporary solution to what is usually an ongoing problem. I say figure out why you're in debt and try to change that. Is it possible to find an extra source of income? Or is minimizing your cost of living an option?

dan, i don't mean to be an asshole, but if you're in financial 'do do' right now... you shouldn't be thinking about buying a home. but that's just the financial analyst in me trying to help.

as for your dilemma; if going to the movies or out for dinner makes you feel better than ownership of a rare item: do it. i specialize in wealth management, and one of the most common things i say and hear around my office is that 'spending money makes you feel good', so go get a taste of it and it will encourage you to make more of it.

Well the main reason I'm in shit is college. I only finished college a year ago and I'm still paying it. But my wife and I got everything covered to get me out of this even with a house...I was only pondering selling this so I didn't have to stop going to restaurants and whatnot whilst I'm getting rid of my debts...pocket money if you will.

But thanks for the help man! ;)