AnOceanPearl

Volcanoes

i'm assuming it's expensive to put one out and market it.

Yeah well that's the benefit of having a label like Universal who pretty much fucked off after Avalanche...maybe if he keeps not making videos and manages to have a very very very very little promoted album (Hospital Music) sell so much, he could pull it off with Darktown...

But I'm no expert of course

Yeah well that's the benefit of having a label like Universal who pretty much fucked off after Avalanche...maybe if he keeps not making videos and manages to have a very very very very little promoted album (Hospital Music) sell so much, he could pull it off with Darktown...

But I'm no expert of course

Hospital Music hasn't sold so much.

It was the number one record in Canada for a week... but as far as I know it has yet to go gold (50,000 units).

It takes into account single track digital downloads (for which gold status is 20,000). As far as entire album digital downloads its not even listed so I have no idea.

I'm just saying, even White Light Rock & Roll Review went gold within a matter of months and it didn't make #1 record in Canada. The two video singles, and 3 radio singles definately helped push that record.

Were Avalanche to have had the proper support it deserved (including, as Matt has suggested, releasing Weapon as a proper first single)I think it could have given Beautiful Midnight a run for its money.

Edited by haircut-rabbit

gold status is measured on an "either/or" basis. 50,000 units for album sales and 20,000 for digital downloads.

i dont think matt has hit gold status for hospital music, although it sold something like 11.5 thousand units in the first week and i havent seen any other numbers after those.

darktown is a promotion label. distribution is done through universal. two different businesses.

It takes into account single track digital downloads (for which gold status is 20,000). As far as entire album digital downloads its not even listed so I have no idea.

I'm just saying, even White Light Rock & Roll Review went gold within a matter of months and it didn't make #1 record in Canada. The two video singles, and 3 radio singles definately helped push that record.

Were Avalanche to have had the proper support it deserved (including, as Matt has suggested, releasing Weapon as a proper first single)I think it could have given Beautiful Midnight a run for its money.

You have to admit that, for a record with zero promotion from the record company, no videos and little radio play, it sold very well.

I'm not saying it sold as much as Beautiful Midnight or something ;)