Moonlight_Graham

Saw Fahrenheit 911 In Full For 1st Time Yesterday

Some of the Moore slants were kind of sickening and annoying, but its a really cool flick. The parts about Bush and his family's links to the Saudi's and the Bin Laden family was fascinating. If that stuff is all true, i honestly don't think Bush should be legally eligable to be president because he has a conflict of interest with the Saudi's/Bin Laden's.

Overall i enjoyed the movie thouroughly.

I think that when you watch the Michel Moore shows you have to have an open mind but also know that there is a HUGE bias on his part. Just look at it like A movie that promotes Bush both contain the same facts just one is a positive fact and one a negitive

I really hate the fact that no one on the right has made a serious attempt to counter 'Fahrenheit 911'. It's all just "Moore's a stupid poopoo head," or, "he's fat. Let's not listen to him. Hohoho." But then, that begs the question: If no one can counter his supposed lies and distortions, is he really making propaganda?

People have countered him, perhaps not on "Fahrenheit 9/11" yet, but... A book has been released not too long ago called "Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man" by David T. Hardy and Jason Clarke. Click herefor what www.chapters.ca has about the book...

Edited by Matt

There've been quite a few attempts at countering F9/11..Moore mentions such films and works of writing on his site. In fact quite alot of scrutiny went to trying to either verify or disprove the contents of Fahrenheit. Moore often publically makes the point of how ironic it is that people and the media go so far to look for every possible distortion he makes as just a film-maker and checks so many details; but completely disregarding the distortions and details on the part of the president.

People have countered him, perhaps not on "Fahrenheit 9/11" yet, but... A book has been released not too long ago called "Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man" by David T. Hardy and Jason Clarke. Click herefor what www.chapters.ca has about the book...

I've heard of that. There's a difference between character defamation and disproving him.

And yeah, Pavel, I also think that it's ironic how the media hound his every move for distortion when they should be more focused on the governments distortions.

But he's already bringing attention to the government, obvisouly another source is going to bring about the problems with the other side's arguement. I haven't read that book, but it looks to me like it's going to be much about the same thing. He edits things to his bias. One of the people he tried to get to send their sons to Iraq said to Michael Moore that his cousin is already going to the war in Iraq, yet Michael Moore edits that out. It's little things like that, that make it hard for me to believe what Michael Moore says because I find it's all one sided with him...

Yeah, I guess what bothers me the most is that all the attacking of Moore has almost nothing to do with his claims. Mario Cuomo basicly said this on McEnroe a few months ago: the right-winger nuts should shut up, make their own documentary, and then have a debate with the two.

I mean seriously. Not just doing to Moore what he does to the right, not just slinging mud back and forth between each other. The arguements aren't even cited, and most of it is just opinion anyway. It seems the biggest problem the authors have with Moore is that he's fat and rich, therefore a hypocrite. I liken that to saying cancer researchers are hypocrites for not having leukemia. Bashing Moore and defending Bush isn't a levelled attack on his arguements, I find.