insane_child

Eat This Up Nfers

i found this on a webpage. i know you'll all love it. ...but, i really want a valid debate here.

Reasons why we better hope that George W. Bush is re-elected...

1. John Kerry wants to roll back the country's current rape laws.

2.  John Kerry wants to change minimum wage to $4.15 an hour.

3.  John Kerry wants to have a mandatory two year draft for everyone straight out of highschool.

4.  John Kerry voted to send our troops to Iraq, but then voted not to give them weapons and body armor.

5.  John Kerry plans to raise taxes.

6.  John Kerry wants to make airport security tighter.  (Have you ridden an airplane lately?  Do you really want check-in to take longer than it already does?)

7.  John Kerry is in favor of partial birth abortion.

8.  Not only has John Kerry not voted for a single tax cut ever, but he also voted for the largest tax increase in history.

9.  John Kerry has said that he plans to bring our troops out of Iraq, however, he has also said that he plans to double the number of troops that we have in Iraq.  What should we believe?

10.  The man who supposedly nominated John Kerry for a Silver Star had no knowledge of it.

11.  The doctor who supposedly nominated John Kerry for one of his Purple Hearts said that he definitely did not.

12.  John Kerry wants to put our government in control of the United Nations.

Bottom Line, John Kerry cannot be trusted.  Do you want to know where I found out all of this information?  On John Kerry's own website.  John Kerry is not a good man.  He is a liar and a fraud.  I would not feel safe with him as president.  George Bush HAS to win.

Edited by insane_child

heh i smell "ignorant propoganda"....it seemsthat a lack of truth has been turned into "facts"...i know that a number of these are straight up incorrect, and a few have a horribly sick spin on facts...

why do we care though, Bushy won, and now lots of people are going to immigrate to Canada....the immigration site on average gets 20 000 hits a day, but on wednesday it recieved 150 000 hits, 115 000 from Americans

I tried searching the info you have there, Jen, I like check out sources but I find nothing. I bothered to check the minimum wage on the John Kerry site and found this...

Raise The Minimum Wage. As president, John Kerry will raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.00 by 2007. An increase in the federal minimum wage is well overdue. It has fallen further and further behind the cost of living, and the...

I can find no info saying that he would lower the minimum wage. That's that only thing I bothered checking because it's such a bore.

I sure hope you didn't base your decision to keep Bush in on this article alone.

why do we care though, Bushy won, and now lots of people are going to immigrate to Canada....the immigration site on average gets 20 000 hits a day, but on wednesday it recieved 150 000 hits, 115 000 from Americans

lol did you see that the immigration office had to release a statment to the effect that yank's will have to wait in line for immigration just like everyone else and not to expect that they can cross the border and just stay?

Sheds some light on how a lot of ppl down there are feeling right now

Lets put all the democrats in Washington, Oregon and California and let it become Canada. That would be so sweet, we'd have a straight run to Mexico with out having to drive through the States.

heh i want to do that even though it means driving though the states...and no offence but im kinda a little anti american right now (it will probably pass unless bush does something retarded....like invade another country)

aww well...you have to take it all in stride...otherwise youll go insane

haha nah...well just peacefully annex thm using the higher canadian dollar

bush is good for our economy...(excluding the whole "we wont buy your cows anymore" bullshit)

EDIT: hehe...bullshit...how ironic

Edited by eliselover570

All the shruby's banning of canadian beef, tarifs on softwood lumber and all the other bs that flies against NAFTA, is doing is forcing our economy to diversfy. At some point they'll realize the error of their ways and whne they do and come looking for tasty Alberta beef we wont be able to help em as "sorry we're out of stock, its been bought up by all the Europeans who used to buy your beef ;)"

John Kerry voted to send our troops to Iraq, but then voted not to give them weapons and body armor.

What Kerry voted for was the ability to go to war, not to actually send the troops in. That distinction is easy to make fun of, but it's important to realize that basically what he was voting for was *brinksmanship*. Further, there was a point in time before the war when this strategy worked --- Saddam was pressured to let the weapons inspectors back into Iraq.

Actually, it was Bush who threatened to veto a bill Kerry co-sponsored to provide $87B to the troops by rolling back Bush's tax cuts on the wealthy elite. Effectively, Bush put his "have mores" ahead of the troops, and Repubs in Congress killed it. George Bush's $87B just added more to the debt, already the largest in history.

The bottom line is this: John Kerry proposed a bill to fund the troops without running up the massive deficit. Bush killed it.

John Kerry plans to raise taxes.

For who? Those making more than $200,000/year. 96% of small businesses would not be affected by Kerry's plans. If George Bush hadn't made his irresponsible tax cuts in the first place, then there would be no need to perpetuate this. Bush's healthcare plan costs the same as the one Kerry proposed. John Kerry voted to raise taxes 98 times? If that makes him a pussy liberal, then I guess Dick Cheney's 140 votes for tax hikes elevates him to the realm of Che Guevara. What they don't tell you is that Kerry has voted over 600 times to lower taxes.

John Kerry wants to have a mandatory two year draft for everyone straight out of highschool.

Straight from JohnKerry.com:

John Kerry and John Edwards will:

Engage 200,000 Americans A Year In "Service For College"

John Kerry and John Edwards will offer a simple deal to hundreds of thousands of America's young people: if you will serve for two years in one of America's toughest and most important jobs, we will cover four years of tuition at a typical public university.

John Kerry wants to roll back the country's current rape laws.

Where in his platform is this stated? I know that Kerry would not require a 16 year old girl who was raped by her father and made pregnant to tell her father that she was getting an abortion.

John Kerry is in favor of partial birth abortion.

A fair argument, I guess. It's really an opinion thing, this. I'm in favour of this and have stated so here many times before, so I won't get into any detail about it.

Not only has John Kerry not voted for a single tax cut ever, but he also voted for the largest tax increase in history.

I've already addressed half of this above. The largest tax increase in history (a $.50 gas tax that was proposed in 1986 that would have the price of gasoline paid by American drivers to increase by billions of dollars a year?) never got a vote from Kerry, but it DID get a hearty endorsement from Dick Cheney, who actually introduced it, saying: "Let us rid ourselves of the fiction that low oil prices are somehow good for the United States."

John Kerry has said that he plans to bring our troops out of Iraq, however, he has also said that he plans to double the number of troops that we have in Iraq.  What should we believe?

He wanted to double the number of special forces in Iraq, who are better trained for the urban warfare taking place there. This, in effect, lessesns the strains placed on the regular troops there already.

10.  The man who supposedly nominated John Kerry for a Silver Star had no knowledge of it.

11.  The doctor who supposedly nominated John Kerry for one of his Purple Hearts said that he definitely did not.

And if you can prove that George Bush fulfilled his obligations in the National Guard, you could be eligible for a cash prize. http://www.texansfortruth.com/

And how does the doctor who *ahem "supposedly nominated" John Kerry for only one of his Purple Hearts remember exactly who he did and did not nominate for that award? Is the entire crew of Kerry's swift boat lying to us? Did John Kerry not save a crewmate's life? DId he not save his entire crew when he killed a Viet Cong with his own hands?

George Bush is a failure. He did not deserve to be elected president. He did not deserve to be appointed president 4 years ago, either.

That's my 2 cents. I'm tired.

others have already done a good job at refuting the invalid things on that list (which are most of them).

But the argument that always really bugs be is:

John Kerry voted to send our troops to Iraq, but then voted not to give them weapons and body armor.

a. Kerry didn't vote to send our troops to Iraq. He voted to give the President the authority to do so.

b. Kerry DID vote against a bill that would give the troops $87 billion in funding for weapons and body armour, but he only did so because he disagreed with the way the President wanted to pay for the funding (ie: add it to the debt). Kerry wanted the bill changed so that the armour/weapons would be paid for by the President's reversing his tax cuts for the wealthy.

also....

John Kerry wants to change minimum wage to $4.15 an hour.

anyone who watched the debates would know thats not true. In fact he said he wanted to raise the minimum raise.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

And what's wrong with raising taxes... How's that 1 trillion dollar debt doing for you... Well I guess Bush thinks you can just print more money, maybe his staff thing the word inflation has too many syllables for him. Sorry... that was cheap.

As I've said before. A lot of you missed the point: You didn't need to elect Kerry because he was better, you need to elect him so that you didn't endorse president Bush's actions. You needed to elect him to show that Americans where better than their current administration. But I guess the polls show that there not.

Peace

How's that 1 trillion dollar debt doing for you...

Well its greatly devaluing their currency.

Why do you think that the canadian dollar has gone from lieks 63cents us to like 83ish that its at now? Its not that our currency is getting stronger I'm sorry to say but I'll still take it.