So What do you all think of Modest Mouse? I heard them I'd say last September, before Float On got pretty popular, and I keep hearing more stuff of theirs' that I just can't help but love? Anyone else? Some of their best are "Float On," "Karma Payment Plan," "3rd Planet," "Alone Down There," and "Tiny City Made of Ashes" All great stuff. Check it out.

What surprised me is just how dark some of their lyics are. I mean for most people who've heard or seen the videos to Float On or The Ocean Breathes Salty, you'd get the idea that they're a pretty happy-go-lucky band. So when I started buying their older CD's, I was surprised (somewhat pleasantly) that there was actually some dark subject matter, songs like Night On the Sun or Cowboy Dan for example. Good stuff.

goddamn, this band is annoying. the singer sounds like he has cerebral palsy.

Hahaha. Both remarks seconded.

And whoever said they were obscure: they are not even close to obscure anymore. Radio/MTV/Muchmusic airplay as much as they do? No chance can they even be close to 'obscure'.

I don't know why someone started mentioning the killers.. thought this was about modest mouse.. anyway.

Modest mouse have a cool sound it's considered to be "drunk music" because those guys party alot and maybe cause the singer sounds drunk too (?)

It's refreshing to hear different styles, espesially indie stuff, make it big, but it saddens me when they end up doing songs for mcdonalds in europe..oohhhh modest mouse, what have you done.