What would you say is the best video in history? Apparently there was a poll somewhere, and "Hurt" by Johhny Cash is the "best" video ever. I'd have to say i 'm surprised, but when I thought about it, I love it. It's a great video. Thriller was number two, and "come to daddy" by Aphex Twin was 3. I don't even know that one. I'm a big fan of Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer video (cliche, I know), but a buddy of mine is sure that its "Freak on a Leash" by Korn. Bleh. I'm not a fan and neither is he, but I gotta say that was a cool video. What do you think?

I apolagize if this thread has been posted before. But I came across something and thought it a good thread topic.

If it's the Aphex Twin video I'm thinking of, everyone in it has this weird face, and there is dancing...it kind of makes fun of rap videos, but it's not haha funny. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong/explain this better, as it's too early for me still.

Anyways, my faves:

PJ - Do the Evolution

Weezer - Buddy Holly

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight

(I would also say 1979, but that is more for the song I think.)

Pavement - Cut Your Hair (so funny!)

MGB - Apparitions

Sigur Ros vids are all really cool

as are White Stripes Vids...

And I must say for the record, Thriller is such a joke now, it is so over the top. And Sledgehammer rules!

I also happen to be a fan of the "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" video by Primus. Its their only video that got any kind of real TV rotation - you know the one, where' they're all dolled up as cowboys in those creepy prostetics. Wicked video, wicked song.

If it's the Aphex Twin video I'm thinking of, everyone in it has this weird face, and there is dancing...it kind of makes fun of rap videos, but it's not haha funny.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong/explain this better, as it's too early for me still.

Nope, Come To Daddy is the video with the little kids with Aphex's face and their running around creating havoc. Good Video.

But I'd say my favorites are:

Refused - New Noise

MG - In A World Called Catastrophe

Weezer - Buddy Holly

MGB - Apparations

International Noise Conspiracy - Smash It Up

Lost Patrol - Alright

And a whole bunch of other ones I can't remember right now.

Edited by sodamntired

But I'd say my favorites are:

Refused - New Noise

MG - In A World Called Catastrophe

Weezer - Buddy Holly

MGB - Apparations

International Noise Conspiracy - Smash It Up

Lost Patrol - Alright

New Noise is definitely my favourite performance-style music video of all time. And I prefer Reproduction of Death to Smash it Up, though both are pretty cool vids.

Cheers,

Grizz

Basement Jaxx - Where's your head at?

Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl (plus most Chemical Brothers videos)

Junior Senior - D-D-Don't Stop the Beat

Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice (I forgot the Walken, shame on me)

Fatboy Slim - Pretty much all the rest are great.