i heard Jelly Roll Morton was playing.

He couldn't make it. I think Fats Waller is taking his place.

i would be surprised if he got The Rhythm back together though, there was too much in-fighting.

Honestly what the fuck are they thinking.

First of all how can you make the tickets free?

You grab big acts (like them or not) and you don't charge for them and the fact it is a benefit concert, or at least it should be.

Awareness?? like come on! I am fucking aware that there is problems in the world, so why not charge people like 10-20 dollars a ticket and send the money to Africa for Aids relief or to get rid of small third world debt! Some kid is not going to have a good meal put in front of him because of awareness, it takes money!

These bands are not doing this for free, not all of them anyway. So if they are going to get paid why are THEY not donating some money, afterall unlike 90% of the population of North America, they don't make less than $500,000 a year in various albums sales, DVDs, product placements and endorsments and so on.

I am really glad Matt is not on it, why lower himself to something as pointless as raising awareness, at least he has the balls to not only spread awareness through his blog and at his shows (even though I get annoyed with it alot) but also the fact he gives money and plays benefit related shows on a regular basis.

I say Fuck Live 8! and everyone involved in it.

You're all fucking idoits to those involved!

You grab big acts (like them or not) and you don't charge for them and the fact it is a benefit concert, or at least it should be.

Awareness?? like come on! I am fucking aware that there is problems in the world, so why not charge people like 10-20 dollars a ticket and send the money to Africa for Aids relief or to get rid of small third world debt! Some kid is not going to have a good meal put in front of him because of awareness, it takes money!

These bands are not doing this for free, not all of them anyway. So if they are going to get paid why are THEY not donating some money, afterall unlike 90% of the population of North America, they don't make less than $500,000 a year in various albums sales, DVDs, product placements and endorsments and so on.

I am really glad Matt is not on it, why lower himself to something as pointless as raising awareness, at least he has the balls to not only spread awareness through his blog and at his shows (even though I get annoyed with it alot) but also the fact he gives money and plays benefit related shows on a regular basis.

live AID was about the money. this is not. this is political. you're the idiot.

Awareness?? like come on!  I am fucking aware that there is problems in the world, so why not charge people like 10-20 dollars a ticket and send the money to Africa for Aids relief or to get rid of small third world debt!  Some kid is not going to have a good meal put in front of him because of awareness, it takes money!

These bands are not doing this for free, not all of them anyway.  So if they are going to get paid why are THEY not donating some money, afterall unlike 90% of the population of North America, they don't make less than $500,000 a year in various albums sales, DVDs, product placements and endorsments and so on.

live AID was about the money. this is not. this is political. you're the idiot.

But people are still saying that they're trying to change the world.