guitarchick

Fav Matthew good song

I was wondering if somehow we could get like the favorite favorite Matt's song ever of all the ones who are here...

For example, why don't we chose one from each album (as Katouz has done) and have a poll to see which the favorite song of each album is for all people?

Would it be very confusing or tiring?

Hmm...

I've got to say that the one song that really sticks out the most has got to be Double Life. It's probably because where it's listed in the album, the third last song, I think that's really where Avalanche peaks, as if all the other songs were building up to that, and then the album quickly winds down afterward.

All the songs are good in their own right, but sound great when they're put in the right spot in the albums.

LOTGA - Symbolistic White Walls, Fearless

Underdogs - Apparations, Prime Time Deliverance

Beautiful Midnight - A Boy and his Machine Gun, Running for Home, Born to Kill

AOB - Advertising on Police Cars, Sort of a Protest Song

Avalanche - House of Smoke and Mirrors, Avalanche, Long Way Down

WLRRR - We're So Heavy, Blue Skies over Badlands

Edited by weapon

I love "Ommissions of the Omen" vintage Matthew Good Band, Last of the Ghetto Astronauts. I like it because it's hidden, and because I listened to it on a CD a friend had compiled for me for years before I ever knew it was Matthew Good. When I asked him about it, he didnt remember making the CD. He's schizophrenic and has no memories. I have to tell him about his past all the time, re-educate him about all the days we've spent together. It makes me want to cry.

I think it's funny. But I don't seriously think it's his best song. I'd have to say Blue Skies or Born To Kill or Avalanche is.

The song was made for people who complained about Seriously Serious. I like Seriously Serious and never complained about it. Thus the song was not made for people like me.