Jarrod

So, I'm Quitting My Job.

yeah...mcdicks fucking sucks. well, i would have stayed if my old manager was still there, but the new manager is a fucking asshole. i can't stand him. it's not worth my time and only making $6.50 an hour. hell, i was making over $8 when i worked at zellers. maybe i'll try working there, maybe at the one at tillicum. who knows. but i'm giving my resignation letter to the manager tomorrow after my shift. it's time that i leave.

*sigh* i hate looking for work.

so, where have people worked before? any suggestions in where not to work? also, i've worked at zellers before.

i worked on the street corner from the age of 11 up until i was 26, i don't recommend it because people aren't very nice to you and they ask you to do weird things like pee on them or lick their buttholes and since they're paying you you kinda have to do it..

right but at least with the above profession, if they ask for something you really don't like, you can just charge extra and/or steal from their purse when they aren't looking.

i work at a hospital and i would advise it to you jarrod. you make mad ill cash. more than twice what you made at mcdonalds. but that's if you can get in. its certainly worth a try.

your experience at mcdonalds is what a lot of places look for, actually.

Edited by borntohula

yeah...mcdicks fucking sucks. well, i would have stayed if my old manager was still there, but the new manager is a fucking asshole. i can't stand him. it's not worth my time and only making $6.50 an hour. hell, i was making over $8 when i worked at zellers. maybe i'll try working there, maybe at the one at tillicum. who knows. but i'm giving my resignation letter to the manager tomorrow after my shift. it's time that i leave.

so, where have people worked before? any suggestions in where not to work? also, i've worked at zellers before.

Well, there's always the plethora of fast food places in Victoria.

I just moved here in September and am in awe of how many fast food options there are. I can walk a block in any direction from my house and hit a McDonalds/Subway/Dairy Queen. You people know how to eat cheap and unhealthy. I love it.

I've never worked fast food before. I spent the summer after gr 12 doing landscaping, last summer doing construction, and last hockey season, and the current one, working for the Regina Pats running their video promotions stuff during games.

Construction is hellish work, but it pays really good. It is usually pretty easy to find jobs too (depending where you live I guess). I suppose you are only looking for part-time work though, and they typically don't hire anyone part-time for such things.

Let me guess, your manager is only 16?

i worked on the street corner from the age of 11 up until i was 26, i don't recommend it because people aren't very nice to you and they ask you to do weird things like pee on them or lick their buttholes and since they're paying you you kinda have to do it..

That is very disturbing.

i love my job right now, i throw bottles. it's so sweet.

In grade 10, i was a dish washer at Swiss Chalet, for the last few months of grade 11 i worked at Ultramar, and between 11 and 12 i was a telelmarketer.

Oddly enough, i got more shit from custumers at Ultramar than harrassing people while they are in their own homes.

I have had two jobs, one real job and one contract job for my parents' friend.

The real job i had was a 'technical assistant' in an engineering company. I helped a geuniunely insane Polish man build heat tracing panels for use in factories (keeps pipes and other components right temp so they dont explode).

This Polish guy thought everything was a conspiracy. Cars, sugar, Tim Horton's, newspaper, tinted glass, cell phones... EVERYTHING. He had no car, rode his bike to work (even in the winter), and for a time he was homeless and slept in the parking lot of the office. The only reason they kept him around is because he was like an engineering genius.

The contract job was roofing a garage. The first week, it was rainy, windy, and cold. The second week, it was like 35C and i got the worst sunburn of my life.

Those were both the summer before last. I now need a job again, as i am quite low on monies.