Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

Employee of the month:

Let me say, I love Dane Cook, I think he is one of the best comedians around. that said, I will NOT be buying EotM! I think that most of what ruined this movie for me was Jessica Simpson and her GOD AWFUL acting. There was NO chemestry between them. there were a lot of funny parts in the movie, but not enough to save the movie from the line "You employees of the month are all the same!" )that line was laughed at pretty hard by everyone in the theatre) The supporting cast of Dane's friends were good though. Hell, everyone but Jessica Simpson seemed to bring their "A" game. So far, this is the only movie this year that I looked foreward to and ended up REALLY disappointed.

This weekend I rented The Road to El Dorodo for my girlfriend. I really liked the animation, because there were times when it seemed like they got really experimental with the computer generated stuff, which I guess was still really young at that time. Okay story and characters, good voice acting from kevin Kline, but the accents were weird. The two spanish guys were American and English, while the Aztecs were a mix of North American, one was a kind of ghettoized-latino thing, which was funny because it seemed like the makers were just confused about the nature of modern day south Americans, and a few that were a strange mix of spanish and british medly. There was also a really trippy trip out scene, and a blowjob scene. No joke. Oh, and as a film student, I must point out the interesting way they both eroticized and anglofied (maybe not a word) one of "the other" characters.

I saw The Notorious Bettie Page, The Education of Shelby Knox, and Stay Alive.

The Bettie Page movie was pretty and I enjoyed it, the second movie pissed me off with the Southern morality bs, and Stay Alive was funny, with some snazzy video-game effects.