davidedward

Brokeback Mountain

*pop*

in essence, i think it was made for gay/gay-friendly people. just like i have no interest in watching, say naomi watts getting molested by that lesbian in mullholand drive (which was still a great movie, in spite of that), you have no interest in seeing jake molest heath. furthermore, you don't appreciate the time and place in which it was set.

that being said, the performances were great and i was happy to see a movie that was 90% devoid of gay stereotypes.

*pop*

Edited by manfromharoldwood

*pop*

in essence, i think it was made for gay/gay-friendly people. just like i have no interest in watching, say naomi watts getting molested by that lesbian in mullholand drive (which was still a great movie, in spite of that), you have no interest in seeing jake molest heath. furthermore, you don't appreciate the time and place in which it was set.

that being said, the performances were great and i was happy to see a movie that was 90% devoid of gay stereotypes.

*pop*

Those are the two pops of Jake and Heath's anal virginity.

Saw it last night.

Wow, i loved it.

I was really afraid it would be a shitty love story using gay men instead of a man and a women, but it was nothing like that at all. I would reccomend it to anyone.

The only things that pissed me off were minor tiny things. In the bar, Amos or whatever his name was, dances to a Steve Earle song, Devil's Right Hand, from the Copperhead Road album, which came out in 1988, but the movie was in 1976 at that point.

That and in the gay-bashing scene from the 1930's, you can see the father's label on his jacket, from a recent brand.

I guess neither of those have any effect on the actual story, but i get annoyed by those kind of things.

God this movie looks good, I haven't seen it yet. Mer,. I don't go to the cinema because I'm lazy and now I have to. It looks... surprisingly hot considering the homo-eroticism... But yeah it's got to be good it was directed by Ang Lee!

What!

I don't quite get it. You make a romantic story, and it's mediocre at best, but then you make the characters gay and suddenly everyone thinks it's amazing.

good call.

it wasn't that bad, but you're right.

My friends thought it was funny when I found out it was about gay cowboys instead of regular ones,during the movie, and they wanted to know where I'd been for the past few months.

they should have worn ass-less chaps, or played B.E.P's "my hump" during the sex scenes.

I saw it when it was released in Spain and i liked it a lot (the scenery, the acting, the story)... but I agree that at the time it was released (probably marketing stuff, who knows) it was overrated (not really in Spain, these things are not a "scandal" anymore, like in the States...) basically -I think- because of the conservatist mentality of the Americans that saw it like a scandal that within a such a "macho" group like cowboys there could also be a gay story...

... but this can only be a scandal in the States... fortunately, not in other parts of the world