Links234

Gym/working Out

Splenda = sugar that has (I think) been fluorinated (or run through some type of similar chemical process).  Basically, it changes the sugar molecule so that your body can't metabolize it and it passes right through your system.  So it's a "low-calorie sweetener".

It is also widely considered the safest sugar substitute.  Aspartame runs the risk of methanol poisoning in some people.

Oh, Adam. How you disappoint me. I figured you would at least do some research before posting a response to this.

Splenda is an artificial sweetner (sucralose) used in low-cal items and is a god send for people with diabetes who want to enjoy something sweet and not worry too much. Because of it's chemical properties, sucralose takes longer to be metablolized and won't lead to dangerous blood sugar increases for diabetics making their insulin requirements more predictable.

The aspartame controversy pisses me off to no end. I am actually in the process of reseaching this topic and from what I can see, aspartame DOES cause cancer (disclaimer-in rats at 3000 times the dose a human would ever consume). So, that study just seems completely ridiculous. By the way, everything causes cancer, we are all gonna die and people should just get over it.

Aspartame MUST be avoided in people with phenylketonuria which is a genetic inability to process phenylalanine. If you have this, you are diagnosed shortly at birth and are smart enough to read labels. The methanol issue I would have to look into.

Huh? I did look into it. Perhaps my source is the retarded. Perhaps I am.

The methanol thing is what you were just talking about. From what I remember reading about it in Grade 12 Chem, an active group will break off from the aspartame molecule in people with phenylketonuria. And then that active group reacts with something in the blood to form methanol. I think. It's been a while.

because then it would be like kissing a Doctor....

...Dr. Pepper that is

GROSS.

ps. (diet) dr. pepper is good with slo gin

Edited by Kyle86

holy smokes! That's really, really good.

I did cardio today too... I only did 5km, that took me just under 20 minutes and then my tummy started to hate my life for running after lunch.

do you run outside or on a treadmill?

Guest jsunC

10 kms is good.

And 5km is under 20mins is really fast.

I only run a 2.2 kilometres circuit and my normal time is about 9-9:30 mins

I can't stand running on treadmills, when i get tired i start to go off of the side of it, so i just run outside.

Edited by jsunC

the distance preception outside messes me up, i'd rather space out and run in my spot... for whatever reason 1k outside seem much farther than one k inside. It's a mental thing i guess.