God Damn, those guys can put on wicked a show. My face was totally rocked the fuck off. I started a post earlier where I was trying to remember the setlist but then my computer crashed and I lost it, so I don't have the patience to try that again.

But highlights include:

-Listen [Listen, Listen]

-A Long Flight

-Orca

-Tambourine

-Weighty Ghost

-Danse Macabre and its crazy long jam.

-That new song they opened with... I've never heard it before but it gave me chills. Too sexy for its own damn good.

Their whole set was balls out fuckin awesome, though I wish they played Insomnia... I don't think they play it live though.

Here's a song they didn't play the other night, but its a damn good new one regardless:

Indeed it was a cool show, but for some reason I wasn't feeling it enough. There was certainly a lot of rocking out, but it seemed to be lacking emotion a bit. I guess when I listen to their records that's what I get and it didn't seem quite the same. They put on an impressive show though. Wasn't it Nerves Normal with the crazy long drumming jam? That was pretty awesome, he looks like a maniac playing. They did the standard encore, 2 songs. I was really hoping to hear Lipstick and disappointed they didn't play it, but I was surprised they played Orca. Seems they don't really play much from the first album, I wanted to here Sore as well. However most of those songs are very acoustic and don't make for the most exciting of shows. Overall, it was a pretty awesome concert, I'd definitely see them again.

As Meg said they didn't have the shirt I wanted, but one of the band members was running the merch table so it was awesome regardless. I got a black Thomas shirt and Tracy got the black track jacket. I can't wait for their next album, it's going to be great.

Anyone check out their "Welcome to the Night Sky" b-side - 'The Kids Are Ultra-Violent'?

I think its great. I'm a fan of the newer vocal style... and it seems like the guys are so much tighter as a band. (Compared to the first two albums.) To me, this song showcases that pretty well.

Not sure if it would have worked on the album though. Might be better left off.

The kids are Ultra-Violent is the only song I like out of that bunch. I'm getting really sick of hearing Weighty Ghost all the time. It's a great song, but maybe they should promote another song too? I also tend to prefer them on record I think.

On that note, did anyone else get the 'Live' Sessions off iTunes? I say that because it's not live per se like a concert, sounds more like a studio recording, but maybe they recorded it in one take as if it were live or something. Anyway, I love it. Some of the songs I like even more than the album versions. All of them are different in some way from the originals, and most in a really cool way.

It includes a very nice version of How You Gonna Lie, which is now titled Early In the Morning.

They also stuck to a more natural sound for this, unlike the very produced sound of the latest album, I wasn't too fond of that aspect.

The last album is my least favorite, I kinda stopped listening to them after it came out. It happens to me with bands. But I'm sure they'll find way back to my playlist since their first two albums, especially the second, are so solid.

Edited by Designate