Matt

Children Of Men

Who else has seen it? Well I saw it on the weekend and I thought it was good, though the ending was a little bit long... I liked how the context of the movie was taken from World War II. Like with the refugee camps being like the Jewish Ghetto in Poland, and the conflicts on the streets of London with random bombings as well as just the police state that has come of it. What I believe is they are making reference to what would happen if we continue along this path to another World War. During the last one there was not too many babies produced during it, if I remember correctly, because all the men were off fighting a war. The conflict was prolonged of course as well, thus it only exacerbated the problem. Today our conflicts definitely don't end on fields and retreats usually work in some way especially with guerilla warfare. No one has really found a solution for guerilla warfare either, in cases like Vietnam, in the end everyone including civilians were targeted because anyone could be working against their army. So, if we were to have another World War, what I believe the movie is suggesting is that no good can come from it and we will only hurt our society's chances of survival.

I saw it on friday, Absolutely LOVED this movie! The thing that bothered me was that I could see something like this happening, not the who "women being unable to have children" thing but the probability that if there were a worldwide epidemic on the scale that it is in the movie, instead of helping one another, the countries of the world wouldn't work together to try to find a sollution, they are more likely to pull back into themselves and become and treat any outsiders as enemies. (at least, thats what I'd see happening in a situation like that)

A Seinfeld movie would be AWESOME! Plus Kramer could drop the "N" bomb in the movie and it wouldn't get bleeped.

(because Anton mentioned a movie about nothing)

Edited by Hyphnip

just saw it today... the atmosphere had echoes of Brazil, but of course a bit more serious with the violence.

i really liked the realism involved with the camera work and how the picture moves to follow certain bits of action. i remember one shot where some blood got dripped onto the lens, and there were little specks of blood in your view while you followed Clive Owen. nice detail there.

it was definitely kinda scary and quite realistic. i plan on seeing it again eventually.

I watched it a couple of days ago, and it's definetly the best movie i've seen in a long time. The camera work was phenomenal, especially in the combat scene, it seemed so realistic.

I thought this movie was a good idea but just pointless. it's like oh well no one can get preggo but then it's hardly about that it's about this dumb wanker's struggle to get to the human project.

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
but then she gets there and wammo leave it up to you to decide if she makes it or not. Sometimes that's great but when the whole movie is nothing but people backstabbing eachother, it leaves the move on a very seious downer.

for what it's worth it felt like an endless stab at america and how it will turn into a police state.

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
"homeland security" on the entance into the refuge city, with the arab cats running around trying to start trouble and the Brits just wontonly(lol is that a word?) bombing away.
it wasn't a balanced think about the what could happen it was like this is what's gonna happen get ready to die fuck america.

the best part about this movie was near the end that was really well done.

felt very much like 28 days later, and not just in that everyone has a british accent.