The Foot

Can't Believe They Are Making 28 Days Sequal

ok i'm gonna preface this by saying if you want a pointless gore fest this movie is for you(ie you liked saw 2-3). now if you want a movie that makes even a little sense this movie is not for you. 28days later was a good movie it was pretty well written especially the first 45 minutes. it was watchable right up to the end, for the most part people made sound decisions atleast plausable ones.

in this one though, nothing makes sense top to bottom. the rage guys(zombies) at one point break though 2x4's and basically open a house up but then later in the movie aren't able to break car glass? that about sums up the total joke of a movie this was.

i'm not gonna spoil anything for those that wish to piss off 9 bucks but it's brutal people act like total morons it's totally infuriating.

Plot summary for

28 Days Later... (2002)

advertisement

A powerful virus escapes from a British research facility. Transmitted in a drop of blood and devastating within seconds, the virus locks those infected into a permanent state of murderous rage. Within 28 days the country is overwhelmed and a handful of survivors begin their attempts to salvage a future, little realising that the deadly virus is not the only thing that threatens them. Written by Anonymous

i'm not gonna spoil anything for those that wish to piss off 9 bucks but it's brutal people act like total morons it's totally infuriating.

There's something to be said for suspending disbelief for about 90 minutes. Sure, I could tear that movie apart anpoint out every little inconsistency. I could also complain that it was predictable. But in general, almost every movie suffers the same problems. And hey - the entire premise of 28 Days Later was based on people making stupid mistakes. There were more of them in 28 Weeks and they were more glaringly obvious, but it's the same idea.

28 Days Later was a much more atmospheric film. It was very good at setting a mood of isolation without alot of special effects or a high budget. 28 Weeks Later is not that movie. It is, indeed, a more conventional action-horror than it's predecessor. I was still entertained.

Also, the soundtrack is excellent taken in context. Very dark.

Edited by Sparq

I'm really interested in seeing it, but I've been getting put off my bad reviews. I'm all for not nitpicking a movie for the sake of enjoying it, and if that's all that's bugging the unhappy reviewers, then I'm down.

I like visually stimulating movies as much as a rockin' narrative, and that's what 28 Weeks Later seemed to me...

Plus...<3 Begbie...

i'm more standoffish on a movie sequel if the original director/producers aren't on board which is the case for 28 Weeks Later. I loved 28 Days Later so I won't be seeing the sequal to spoil that but would love to hear other people's reviews on it.

Full of americans because

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
it's a repopulation effort managed by the US Army. That much makes some sense, at least, though it could just as easily have been a UN/NATO coalition or any other coutnry's military. Sounds like a job for the French foreign legion. Presumeably the british army was wiped out in the first outbreak.