myburningbridges

Finally went and saw this flick tonight. Wouldn't have gone if i didn't get to see it in 3D IMAX, which i did. Visually, the movie is certainly stunning from a technical and special f/x point of view. In 3D the movie is pretty awesome to watch.

Storywise, its very very predictable. This is no Terminator 2 for James Cameron, that's for sure. If i were a 10 year-old boy again, i'd probably go nuts over this film. But the simplistic plot has been done before a dozen times, and much better. It's basically Dances With Wolves in CG as others have also compared it, but Dances With Wolves does it much better and in much more subtle ways story-wise.

The story also incorporates an angle of anti-U.S. foreign policy, which comes off lame. Terms like "terrorism", "shock and awe", and "preemptive strike" are used in the flick.

3 out of 5 stars.

I've no desire to see it, and I probably won't until 5 years from now when it's on my 3d tv.

i saw it, and have absolutely no desire to see it again. 3 hours of mediocrity is not worth it again. This film is only worth seeing because of the 3D.

I'm really disappointed in James Cameron. Not only is the movie very unoriginal, but most everything in this film has been done at least a dozen times over in other film/media. This movie is one giant cliche.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Finally saw it and was clawing my eyes out of boredom quite a bit. Some cool animal/plant designs, but the story was lame, poorly told, and even more poorly paced. VERY disappointed in this one.

Dude, Owen, please tell me you were making Lifestream jokes in your head, because I totally was XD

Along with Fern Gully jokes and Pocahontas jokes.

Maybe unobtainium is really the white materia haha.

That totally made me lol.

C'mon. he even sort of looks like Cloud...Who rides BAHAMUT.

Man, when the two of them meet for the very first time, my friend and I totally started singing "Colours of the Wind" quietly in our seats XD