Stwlegend

Sept 12th - Round 2 from the garage

11 minutes ago, adam_777 said:

That was the screen we were on before, then it gave a link saying join the session.  Perhaps because they are in technical difficulties mode they pulled the link temporarily, hang tight, hopefully it will be back.  I'll update here once it starts so people know if they need to try refreshing or something.  

ok we're live.  

Yup, I just had to refresh the page. He was playing Sort of a Protest Song when I entered the stream and is just finishing Empty Road as per a request he got ?

Just now, daniel_v said:

Yup, I just had to refresh the page. He was playing Sort of a Protest Song when I entered the stream and is just finishing Empty Road as per a request he got ?

Ya those were the first two so didn't miss much then, glad to hear it! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Crusader said:

The audio quality is really good on this stream. I ended up just fullscreening MG and put him on the TV. The chat and all those popups is really distracting lol

Those pop ups are brutal, but I agree the audio quality is very high end on this one, just crystal.  

Just now, Chris85 said:

I am using my iPhone and am connected to the TV using an HDMI cable and viewing the concert in full screen. I found Sessions website using Firefox on the Amazon TV very frustrating to use.

Same! Missed some of the show messing around with that. Should have tested It out earlier though. 

Pretty cool little set up he has in his garage for this. I also like the format of playing a few songs and answering a couple questions. However, is anyone else having issues with choppiness and screen/audio freezes? There have been “a lot” of those so far on my end (even for up to a minute or longer) and I’m not sure if it’s my connection (which usually isn’t an issue) or the website. 

1 minute ago, daniel_v said:

Pretty cool little set up he has in his garage for this. I also like the format of playing a few songs and answering a couple questions. However, is anyone else having issues with choppiness and screen/audio freezes? There have been “a lot” of those so far on my end (even for up to a minute or longer) and I’m not sure if it’s my connection (which usually isn’t an issue) or the website. 

Mine has been pretty clean no issues, but it seems several others have complained about some choppiness 

18 minutes ago, adam_777 said:

Mine has been pretty clean no issues, but it seems several others have complained about some choppiness 

Got it fixed. Just had the refresh the page on my TV ?

2 minutes ago, Sly Botts said:

Matt's dipping into the sauce, and having a good time LOL

Lol, I saw your “Into a wall of bourbon ? ” comment during Strange Days ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Crusader said:

Welp. My connection dropped for a bit and I missed the ending lol

Was the last song Apparitions?

The last song was Apparitions.

Well, I really enjoyed tonight's performance, I thought it was really done well and am looking forward to future performances. The Sessions platform on the other hand, the chat functionality is annoying as f*%$.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear some of you were having issues with Sessions - sound was crystal clear for me throughout.

The set:
1. Sort of a Protest Song
2. Empty Road
3. Born Losers
4. Hello Time Bomb
5. Beauty
6. Radicals
7. Load Me Up
8. Advertising on Police Cars
9. Selling You My Heart
10. Fated
11. Strange Days
12. Parts
13. Apparitions

I reckon if the bottle of bourbon was left in the garage with Matt so he could refill his glass, he'd still be playing! He seemed to be having a good time and sounded great. 

• Like 3

I missed the last one of these he did so I was glad I caught this one for a first. Never really watched an artist do a session in this kind of format before and getting to watch most of it (save for the visual/audio glitches from my TV in the middle) on my flat screen in bed was cool. 

Highlights for me were Radicals, Selling You My Heart (two of my favorites from the album) and the accapella ending to Apparitions. 

It was also nice to hear Matt talk a little politics too. I know that’s always risky for artists but one of the things I respect about Matt is his willingness to discuss issues even if it might ruffle some feathers. I’ll admit I don’t agree with him as much as I used to (especially when it comes to current day North American social politics) but I completely agreed with his comment about the two party system in the U.S and about internet/YouTube algorithms leading to echo chambers and feedback loops (for both sides) which have helped to an extent lead to the current day, lamentable polarization we find ourselves in (even if that comment was admittedly a little ironic for a guy who seems to get his news almost exclusively from an outlet as far left as The Gaurdian). 

But yeah, over all this was pretty cool. I liked the set up, Matt looked really happy doing an acoustic show as usual and hopefully he’ll do more of these in the future! 

Thanks Matt! 

671F9615-8C4A-47DA-824F-6843888DB7BF.jpeg

9F61132E-8BB1-4F90-B01A-ED53E2990E98.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, daniel_v said:

but I completely agreed with his comment about the two party system in the U.S and about internet/YouTube algorithms leading to echo chambers and feedback loops (for both sides) which have helped to an extent lead to the current day, lamentable polarization we find ourselves in (even if that comment was admittedly a little ironic for a guy who seems to get his news almost exclusively from an outlet as far left as The Gaurdian). 

This!

Also my opinion of the show...  It was a good time.  No criticisms, no nothing... just... I had fun.  I wasn't expecting much and I had a good time.  I hope Matt did too.  The end.  ??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So, someone sent this to me via fb messenger and apparently it might not stay up too long but if you missed the show or had tech complications it is currently on YouTube (for now!)

Link removed

On 9/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, adam_777 said:

Welcome back stranger! 

Heyyy *waves*

hasn’t 2020 been a time. lol

Edited by Crusader
Link removed
  • Upvote 1

On 9/15/2020 at 1:00 AM, Moonlight_Graham said:

Wish he could sell copies of the streams afterwards.

It's too bad the logistics don't seem to be there. Seems like it would be easy and profitable. Capture the audio in good quality, split and tag the songs, put them in a folder and host it for a while at varying rates for file quality. Obviously though, he'd have to sell a bunch to pay the hosting costs. Then the label may need a cut. Etc etc.

Oh well.