The answer to the "question" is MG..... Why? Greatest variety of instrumentation (much more variety than Metallica).... we're talking strings and acoustice, piano, etc.... also... best voice range.... most variety in musical styles as well... c'mon tell me other bands have more variety in sounds and tone than MG.... no question. Why doesn't somone try proving to me how other bands are better than Matt in these categories?

The answer to the "question" is MG..... Why? Greatest variety of instrumentation (much more variety than Metallica).... we're talking strings and acoustice, piano, etc.... also... best voice range.... most variety in musical styles as well... c'mon tell me other bands have more variety in sounds and tone than MG.... no question. Why doesn't somone try proving to me how other bands are better than Matt in these categories?

SILENCE!

I concur.

(Futurama reference, to those who don't know)

Metallica has one semi-decent album, and it was recorded almost 20 years ago.

I can't see how anyone could possibly think they are the best band ever.

have you ever listened to the album Master of Puppets?

And IMO, Metallica released the greatest music ever to be recorded on their "Live Shit: Binge and Purge" 3-CD set. It came out around 1991-1992. It is basically Metallica playing live during their peak, performing essentially their greatest hits up until that point.

Best album ever IMO, and nobody should judge Metallica unless they've heard them live during their peak years (late-80's, early 90's).

P.S. Matt Good is my 2nd favorite music act. But i don't really consider him a band. Nor did i consider MGB much of a band either. It was Matt, a hugely talented musician, back-up by a bunch of crappy musicians. To be MG is a solo artist essentially.

And IMO, Metallica released the greatest music ever to be recorded on their "Live Shit: Binge and Purge" 3-CD set. It came out around 1991-1992. It is basically Metallica playing live during their peak, performing essentially their greatest hits up until that point.

Best album ever IMO, and nobody should judge Metallica unless they've heard them live during their peak years (late-80's, early 90's).

P.S. Matt Good is my 2nd favorite music act. But i don't really consider him a band. Nor did i consider MGB much of a band either. It was Matt, a hugely talented musician, back-up by a bunch of crappy musicians. To be MG is a solo artist essentially.

Master Of Puppets is the one i was refering to.

Matt good is the best band! however if you want to hear possibly the best live cd try listening to any rock 'n rio by iron madien although I am not an iron madien fan the cd is so amazing esspeically when there is 255000 other people singing along, absolutly amazing

Best voice range: Justin Hawkins of (ugh) the Darkness has an excellent and very strong range, just as strong as Matt Good's. Same with Todd Clark of Pilate, Thom Yorke of Radiohead, and Matt Bellamy from Muse. But since I called The Who, I'll argue for them. Roger Daltrey has a more versatile range of singing styles than Matt Good, and just as good as, if not better, a range in vocals.

Musical instrumentation: Again, The Who can match and surpass MGB and MG. Keyboards (Won't Get Fooled Again), acoustic guitars (Behind Blue Eyes), strings (I've Known No War). Keith Moon, as has been mentioned before, is one of the greatest drummers of all times. Geoff and Rich, as great as they are, would get schooled by John Entwistle. Pete Townshend...well...just listen to 'Ex-Pats', then 'Won't Get Fooled Again', then 'Can't Explain', then 'It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man'.

Most Variety in Musical Styles: Again, just listen to albums in succession as they evolve from blues-based rock to arena anthems, and everything in between.

With that all said, I believe I just told you that there is a band better than MG(B). For me, there's a difference between Favourite Band (mine being, of course MG(B)), and Best Band (obviously, in my opinion, The Who).

Master Of Puppets is the one i was refering to.

then what about the black album???

It is far too difficult to determine the #1 band of all time. Mostly because each musical era has its own musical taste, and each of those tastes suit different people given different moods they are currently experiencing.

The Beatles are certainly one of the best, but to pinpoint them as #1 would require a very specific criteria, since they are definitely not the best in each factor that comes into play for a great song. ie. there has never been a more lyrically inclined artist than MG. ;)