Maverick

Are You Kidding Me?

OMFG... I almost puked after reading the two responses from the MG article in that Ottawa thing. Here we go:

Isn't it Strange?

I think Matt Good is a great song writer. There is no doubting his talent as a musician, however being someone who has seen him a few times, I must admit that he is a disappointment live. But I'm a fan, and it's important to remember this when reading my post. There have been great musicians who hated to play live, my favorite and probably one of the most famous is the genius Brian Wilson, only recently has he started touring again after decades of dreading to perform live. This makes me wonder if Matt Good is like this? Why does he seem to always wish he were somewhere else when performing? Why have I failed to see much of a connection between the crowd and him in concert? Could his public image as controlling, cynical have something to do with it? ...Maybe... However I just feel he doesn't feel comfortable in the big crowds because of the lack of intimacy and also, he just generally doesn't like people, or atleast being around them. What irks me is the fact that people judge him based on his personality. That makes no sense! At the end of the day, good music is good music. If you don't like his written, thats one thing, but to decide that based on his personality is just silly. I think this must be a Canadian problem. Otherwise bands like Oasis, Nirvana, etc would never had made it! This is half truth, half a joke, but deep down, don't you agree? ....somewhat?

AND NUMBER II

Matthew Good is a one man wrecking crew. Furthermore, he wrecks everything he puts his hands on. The guy is a shortsighted whiner. The guy can't get along with his band mates anymore than any other artists in the business. I feel two years ago when he was contemplating retiring from the industry, he should have done us all a favour and went through with it, instead he pretends to be carrying on a great legacy.

Aaron Smith

EDIT: I'll admit the first article isn't that bad... the second.. seriously someone should respond to that b.s.

I bet the guy who wrote the first article is the type to probably justify Ashlee Simpson's live "performance." What a moron. People in Ottawa need to kick some major newspaper ass!

Matt Good is a poor live performer. what a crock. Next, they'll be saying that the Ottawa Senators can defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs in a playoff series.. talk about jargon and tomfoolery.

Edited by NationofCool

I feel two years ago when he was contemplating retiring from the industry, he should have done us all a favour and went through with it.

If that happened, I'd be in an alley somewhere singing to a Smirnoff bottle. "If it makes you happyyyy, then it can't be that baaaad, if it makes you happyyyy, then why the hell are you so sad?"

Aaron Smith can kiss my ass. ;)

I saw Mr Good last night, i fredericton. He was awesome live, i have no complaints, except Rich Priske is looking very intimidating. He's a big guy, and furry, but that's not a valid complaint, 17/10 stars

http://insober.deviantart.com/journal/3694737/ , if you want to see the setlist, and other junk i wrote about it

They should sell that shirt on his site

They used to!

In terms of the articles, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't see how this Rob guy knows what Matt is thinking? I didn't realize Matt consulted him about how he felt about performing. If he didn't enjoy the show that is one thing but to go on about Matt's motivation (or lack their of) for playing live is just crap. As for the second one...funny how he says that Matt can't get along with his bandmates. It was one band mate that he didn't get along with - Dave (I suppose you could argue Ian as well since he's no longer the drummer) but hello - Rich is still there!! And Pat and Christian were around for the Avalanche tour as well so they must be getting along reasonably well.

It’s some sort of trend to bash Matthew and yet most of these people who bash him, don’t even know him personally. People get jealous of peoples talents and there are no doubt people jealous of Matthews’s abilities and, as well, afraid of him.

When people get afraid, they tend to act overwhelmingly nuts.

lol, I don't understand why two ppl like that would actually take the time to bad mouth MG when there are so many more worthy candidates in today's music.... honestly... if they think MG can't perform live... then fuck, nobody can perform live.

I guess these kinds of articles have been happening for a long time about Matt Good and probably won't stop anytime soon....

You want to hear a funny one? My girlfriend's university newspaper (at Laurier) wrote an article after Matt performed there. Basically it said he was an asshole and washed up, and (heres the kicker), they said maybe next year they should get a more (and I quote) 'credible act next year like Alexisonfire' or someone of that sort! hahahaha.

Hey! Alexisonfire are way cool! It's just because theyre becoming maisntream that theyre not as cool.. but then again.. maybe liking alexisonfire isnt as good as it ought to be.. if their fans are the sort of ppl who think matt good cant put on a good show.. i swear journalists are so dumb.

P.S. Graham.. Senators TOTALLY suck. lol. Dominik Ha-SUCK isnt much of an upgrade on Patrick Lalime.