marik

21st Century Living Voice Over

anyone know a good recording of this voice over? it was pretty awesome from what i could make out of it at the live show, but the clearity wasn't that good. anyone else agree?

any transcripts, or recording of this would be steller

Yeah, it was pretty cool. At the Oct.23 Toronto show it was played just before he started the show with Apparitions

(So it's not just a 21st Century Living thing).

It goes something like this:

Our congress gave the president the ability to respond to the tragedy of Sept. the 11th. We did not authorize the invasion of Iran. We did not authorize the invasion of North Korea. We did not authorize bombing civilians in Afghanistan. We did not authorize permanent detainings in Guantanamo Bay. We did not authorize the withdrawl from the Geneva Convention. We did not authorize military tribunals suspending due process and habeas corpus. We did not authorize assassination squads. We did not authorize the resurrection of COINTELPRO. We did not authorize the repeal of the Bill Of Rights. We did not authorize the revocation of the constitution. We did not authorize national identity cards. We did not authorize the eye of Big Brother to peer from cameras throughout our cities. We did not authorize an eye for an eye, nor did we ask that the blood of innocent people who perished on Sept.11 be avenged with the blood of innocent villagers in Afghanistan. We did not authorize this administration to wage war anytime, anywhere, anyhow it pleases. We did not authorize war without end. We did not authorize.....(repeat untill fade).

That intro did rock, he played it in Ottawa before he began with Apparitions. I was a little dissapointed when it didn't play in Montreal..

but.. if it had lead into 21st Century Living.... man.. I love that song. Definitly woulda been jism city.

Speech By Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH)

To The

Southern California Americans for Democratic Action.

February 17, 2002

Los Angeles, California

A Prayer for America

"Our Congress gave the President the ability to respond to the tragedy of September 11. We licensed a response to those who helped bring the terror of September 11th. But we the people and our elected representatives must reserve the right to measure the response, to proportion the response, to challenge the response, and to correct the response.

Because we did not authorize the invasion of Iraq.

We did not authorize the invasion of Iran.

We did not authorize the invasion of North Korea.

We did not authorize the bombing of civilians in Afghanistan.

We did not authorize permanent detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

We did not authorize the withdrawal from the Geneva Convention.

We did not authorize military tribunals suspending due process and habeas corpus.

We did not authorize assassination squads.

We did not authorize the resurrection of COINTELPRO.

We did not authorize the repeal of the Bill of Rights.

We did not authorize the revocation of the Constitution.

We did not authorize national identity cards.

We did not authorize the eye of Big Brother to peer from cameras throughout our cities.

We did not authorize an eye for an eye.

Nor did we ask that the blood of innocent people, who perished on September 11, be avenged with the blood of innocent villagers in Afghanistan.

We did not authorize the administration to wage war anytime, anywhere,anyhow it pleases.

We did not authorize war without end.

We did not authorize a permanent war economy..."

From "Prayer for America "

by Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio)

The whole speech can be found in:

http://www.house.gov/kucinich/press/sp-020217-prayer.htm

Edited by juanpe

I would, but I don't think a hotmail account may have enough quota to accept an MP3... the easiest way would be to download it from the Hub (you seem to have problems with that, though) or ask the moderators if they would be so king to include it in the "download" NF$ section ;)

in most of the shows in this last tour: sometimes playing 21st century living right afterwards, other times starting just with the "we did not authorize" speech + another song (apparitions, blue skies...) although he hasn't used it in all the shows in the last tour, but in many of them

Damn it! I don't know why but after I buy something from the NF Store and then let it download it doesn't let me play it and there goes NF$ right down the drain! Anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

My brother and I have really wanted that song ever since we heard it at the Vancouver show so could anyone send it to me via email please? ([email protected]) Thanks!

Edited by Rebabaluba