hungte

Who here plays instruments and what do you play?

Are most of you forced to playing something, or did you take it up on your own?

My parents would never make me do something I didn't want to, but I almost wish they had sometimes. My dad taught me guitar when I was 13 but I stopped playing for a few years and I regret it. Well, not regret but if I had played all through my teens years I would have had a lot more practice

and could be a female jimi hendrix by now (just kidding!)

I played violin in school from grades 5-9, but I don't take strings anymore. I can play basic tunes on the recorder (Very basic), and I can also play very basic songs on the organ.

I seriously want to learn how to play the guitar, though. I'm thinking that I'll buy "How To Play a Guitar for Dummies" ($35) but I still need to buy a guitar. I saw one the other day at a good music store for $130, marked down from $170. I don't remember the brand.

Question: Should I consider buying that one, or should I look at something in the $200's? I don't plan on ever using it to perform, I just want to play in private so it doesn't have to look fancy.

I have never heard the word "stratocaster" ever before your post, although I'll trust you on this one. ;)

I guess I'll take another look at the $130 guitar and check out the warranty. Still have to wait a few weeks before I can afford it though.

Ya, no i'm not good at detecting sarcasm on the internet. It actually get's me into deep trouble when i'm talking with people on MSN. I just have to read people's faces, to really know what they are thinking....quite bugging me!!!