Goudie

About Oh Be Joyful Video

does anyone else find the video kinda lame? i think he should have had a video about that guy in the rabbitt suit instead of just a burning fire. anyone with me?

PS the song is awesome though. cant wait for in a coma.

Yeah there is, its the inacoma.ca advert, isn't that surprise enough you greedy bastards...

as for the song, it sounds like a WLRRR reject, a little lacking in the imaginative lyric area, but the bridge is good

I think its better than at least half of WLRRR myself. Haven't got the video to work yet at home, at work now though, so I'll have to wait.

i like the song

but i can guarantee much music (and probably even MMM) will never play that video just because it has no progression

And was the 'inacoma.ca' thing just a heads up for an In A Coma site? Cause the url doesn't seem to exist as of yet...

Edited by sockcrotch

no i really mean it, everytime the hand comes into the picture a new piece of paper hits the fireplace if you look closely enough. its so fast though that the ones that land in the back are virtually invisible most of the time, but you can see the others clearly if they hit the front or side. they're just crumpled pieces of paper that burn up in the fire

oh sorry bout the misunderstanding, i didn't know what part you were referring to is all. as for the second part i don't mean to say that he was actually having problems writing something but merely that the way he tosses the paper in for the purpose of the video is like someone tossing in screw ups and bad starts.

its funny how simple things turn out sometimes, eh? the only reason i mentioned this in the first place was to clarify for middle class gangster who wasnt sure what the hands were all about

I like the song quite a lot and the video is good but not excellent... i have it on one of my monitors blasting and it reminds me of those old VHS videos you can purchase that shows a fireplace or fish tank that you play at parties or holidays... ;)

I hope you all realize you're probably not meant to "enjoy" the video like you're meant to enjoy Matt being chased by private school students. I like it because I like that it's not a music video and when viewed with the handy dandy guide Matt has supplied it makes for a good point.

And as for the song, I like it, but I'd like it even more if I understood it.

It's a screensaver with a rock and roll soundtrack, nothing more.

Edit - Satty's avatar smashes his head to the beat of Oh Be Joyful.

Edited by Dan

I really enjoy his new video.

I didn't "get it" when i first watched, waiting for something to happen...but then I "got" what Matt was trying to say.

It's a music video that forces the viewer to LISTEN to the music, with no imagery to draw the viewers attention away from it.

I like it.