Azalroth

Olympians...

(Not sure where this thread should go)

This thread is about the respect for other countries.

I was at a Ottawa Senators game with some friends on Saturday night (sens won by the way) and at the end of the game they did a tribute to the Olympians from the teams that played that night (Flyers and Sens).

Now when some of the Olympian players came out the were boo'd (ie. Americans). To ME this is very unCanadian like, we are supposed to be the nicest country in the world. I found this very disrespectful, even if it was a rival countries Olympian. I personally cheered them all on as it is a great honour to be chosen to go to the Olympics.

Discuss...

I sometimes get mad at myslef when I watch the olympics and if a canadian is out of it all that matters is that an american loses. It is unfair to take out the world's distaste with their foreign policy on the athletes, yet I can't seem to help myself. They just seem so arrogant and act all american-like when they win.

remember the first year that NHL'ers played in the olympics? remember what the americans did?

such poor sportsmanship had never been displayed at an oplympic games in its gracious history.

maybe that's why they got booed.

shouldn't matter, as Canadians we pride ourselves on our polite and courteous reputation. We should be showing that we are better by respecting the athletes, not stooping to their level.

i think the Norwegian's take that one Azalroth on politeness. Thanks to the Norwegian national cross-country skiing coach, Canada was able to come in second in the cross-crountry skiing team sprint. The Coach ran out on the course and gave one of the Canadian girls a poll after her's broke. If she didnt have it the Norwegians could have came in third, but instead, they came in fourth.

As for the booing during the games, yeah, i agree, it was in disrespect to the athletes that have done nothing to us.

i think the Norwegian's take that one Azalroth on politeness. Thanks to the Norwegian national cross-country skiing coach, Canada was able to come in second in the cross-crountry skiing team sprint. The Coach ran out on the course and gave one of the Canadian girls a poll after her's broke. If she didnt have it the Norwegians could have came in third, but instead, they came in fourth.

As for the booing during the games, yeah, i agree, it was in disrespect to the athletes that have done nothing to us.

Just read the paper about that Garsk...didn't know it till now. What the hell is with letting in 2 goals? Ugh I'm SOOOO dissapointed... ;)

remember the first year that NHL'ers played in the olympics? remember what the americans did?

such poor sportsmanship had never been displayed at an oplympic games in its gracious history.

maybe that's why they got booed.

shouldn't matter, as Canadians we pride ourselves on our polite and courteous reputation. We should be showing that we are better by respecting the athletes, not stooping to their level.

obviously you dont remember what happened, as stooping to their level would include trashing their hotels rooms in the olympics village after they failed to medal.

I sometimes get mad at myslef when I watch the olympics and if a canadian is out of it all that matters is that an american loses. It is unfair to take out the world's distaste with their foreign policy on the athletes, yet I can't seem to help myself. They just seem so arrogant and act all american-like when they win.

how does a person act all 'american-like'?