Shiri

Matthew Good Musical Tribute

Hey guys bigtime lurker here but have been around these boards for quite awhile, and I am a huge MG fan obviously. Anyways I recently did a crappy recording at home on my mac ( i'm a super noob at garageband ) of 'sort of a protest song.' Anyways after I recorded it I realized I had an option enabled that caused the sound to pan from the left speaker to the right throughout the song (lol dumb noob i know). Well here is the song if ppl think it is somewhat bearable to listen to, I will attempt to re-record it the proper way.

protest

Patience my dear Shiri, patience. Tracks are still coming in slowly but surely. I will do something eventually, and I promise that it'll be good. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same camp as well. The songs aren't going anywhere. We'll have an album eventually ;)

Edit: That version of Sort of a Protest Song is alright, but I'm not a big fan of the vocals. PROJECT man, project!

Edited by Prometheon

Nice cover of protest... it's kind of like listening to a song on a swing... not that I've ever done that!

thanks, ya I know I think I will re-record it with better vocals as the poster above noted, and I'll be sure to remove the option to pan the sound lol.

Here is a version of hello timebomb off 'rooms' that I just did... crappy i know...but here it is anyways.

hello timebomb

Edited by Longroad

Alright, I have news. My band and I are getting together again! We're just jamming a bit on Friday, but I anticipate that it will go well and that we can probably get around to the Matt Good stuff in a few weeks-a month once we finish doing all of our original stuff.

Songs we're thinking of doing: Tripoli (not really acoustic or regular, kind of in between with more piano), Everything is Automatic, Sort of a Protest Song, Last of the Ghetto Astronauts, It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man. We'll probably only do the first two, and maybe a third, but stuff will be coming eventually.

Frig I'm excited. I miss those bastards.