Matt

What are you listening to?

i've been terrified to post to this forum because i'm a geezer out-of-the-loop asshat ... I'm so old that all the music i own is still in a tangible format -- I can touch it and hold it and see it. I own 78s and a couple of 45s, for christs sake. (e-mail me off-list and I'll explain what those are.)

(Well, okay, I do have Prince "One of Us" and Manu Chau "Me Gustas Tu" as .mp3s)

but then i saw that somebody here was listening to Neil Diamond ... so I'm not so terrified.

"Entre Humo y Botellas" ("Between the Smoke and the Bottles") by Flaco Jimenez. I know you won't believe this ... but Flaco ("Skinny") will convince you that the accordian can be cool and beautiful. I certainly never believed that was possible.

the decemberists - california one youth and beauty brigade

you got the name wrong but they're still an amazing and underrated band.

The Stills Logic Will Break Your Heart "Animals and Insects"

oh... i didn't know. thats what my mp3 of the song is called.

oh come on, a band like the Decemberists? buy the CD. they could use it, especially after the shit they went through a few months back, where ALL of their equiptment was stolen. Trust me, all of their cd's are great.

POD - Alive

EDIT:

i've been terrified to post to this forum because i'm a geezer out-of-the-loop asshat ... I'm so old that all the music i own is still in a tangible format -- I can touch it and hold it and see it. I own 78s and a couple of 45s, for christs sake. (e-mail me off-list and I'll explain what those are.)

(Well, okay, I do have Prince "One of Us" and Manu Chau "Me Gustas Tu" as .mp3s)

but then i saw that somebody here was listening to Neil Diamond ... so I'm not so terrified.

"Entre Humo y Botellas" ("Between the Smoke and the Bottles") by Flaco Jimenez. I know you won't believe this ... but Flaco ("Skinny") will convince you that the accordian can be cool and beautiful. I certainly never believed that was possible.

just be yourself, homie.

Edited by insober

I've been desperately fighting Being Myself all my life. Every time I've Just Been Myself, I've gotten into So Much Trouble.

Oh, another Unbelievable Miracle of the Accordian: All the Nuevo Tango music of Astor Piazzola. (Actually that squeezebox he plays is the Argentine Bandoneon.) You don't even have to shoplift his stuff, here's a bunch of Real Audio stuff: http://www.piazzolla.org/sounds/index.html