Shiri

What Are You Studying?

Since it seems like most NFers are currently going to college/university, I've been wondering what each person is studying, what year and are you pleased with the major you chose?

For those who already finished studying, tell what you studied and how it helped you find a good job or was lame and didn't help you at all. Or whatever.

Sociology. I don't know what I'm minoring in yet. We might go with psychology or religious studies.

HAH. Guess who's going to be dancing for money after she gets her BA? Fuccckkk.

But aside from that, studying what you love is the way to go (so I hear).

Currently working and saving for school as I didn't know what I wanted to do for the longest time.

I've finally decided on recording arts and probably small business management afterwards (Want to have a live sound engineering business), which I actually wanted to do in high school but I have a genetic disease in my back and was unsure if I would be able to do live sound with my condition. Just found out for sure that I'll be able to move in my 30's a little while ago, now I know for sure I'll be very mobile forever and I can control my back pain fairly well as long as I keep doing stretching exercises.

I was considering financial planning if I couldn't do sound.

I'm doing a double major in Psychology and English, though the 'psychology' may change to one of our more specialized programs like neurology.

English is fun, and I'm good at it, but it sort of feels like a bit of a waste. It sucks paying thousands of dollars just to read some books; the knowledge you're gaining just seems less tangible than with more science-ey courses.

Psych is pretty much a split. I love some of my courses (like Animal Behavior/Genetics) and despise others (like Adult Development and Aging).

Edited by Prometheon

Computer Systems Technician, graduated in December. It hasn't helped yet, though I've been looking. Far as I know the only people who got decent jobs had them handed to them on a silver platter with a side of pate and a glass of perrier....hired on by their co-op positions. Fuckers.

Where the hell is my diploma, anyway?

Edited by Sparq

HAH. Guess who's going to be dancing for money after she gets her BA? Fuccckkk.

I've got a few 20's that are begging to escape from my wallet. Care to help?

Currently I'm just in first-year science, so I don't really have a major yet. I'm planning to go into pharmacy but if I don't get in next year then I'll probably end up doing an honours specialization in chemistry.

Yeah, people also go to school younger in most countries than here because here you have 2-3 years of mendatory army service before you can go to school. I think that's maybe good, because you're older and know more about what you like and what you want. But I've never really been sure. I'm going to apply to a few places and see what comes out of it.

i'm a senior going for a B.A. in Media Study. basically it's film/video, or at least that's what i'm most focused on. i want to eventually go into TV, perhaps writing, producing, or directing. heck, news would be fine with me too.

i used to be comp sci. i couldn't handle all the coding and null pointer exceptions i was responsible for bringing into this world. but i also blame the department for not putting a "kill java" button on the keyboards.