Ozzwald

Demo/rarities List

On 8/30/2007 at 8:36 AM, haircut-rabbit said:

MGB

- 4 Minute Mile (only available on live bootlegs, it was used as a sort of intro for Hello Time Bomb... I suspect many of its elements were re-worked into Ex-Pats of The Blue Mountain Symphony Orchestra, released on White Light Rock & Roll Review)

- Apparitions [Acoustic] (from some Charity album, NOT In A Coma)

- Deep Six [u.S. Mix]

- Everything Is Automatic [u.S. Mix]

- Strange Days [u.S. Mix]

- Flashdance II [Early Mix] (combines Flashdance II and The Man Frokm Harold Wood into on track and the intro bit is extended)

- Pony Boy [unmastered Demo] (this was leaked in 2003 and is the version that might have potentially ended up on Audio Of Being, for whatever reason Matt chose to add and remove certain elements before putting it on In A Coma)

- All Together [unmastered Demo] (same as above)

- All Together [Mastered] (this was only available as a bonus track on Itunes pre-orders of In A Coma... I have never been able to get a hold of this version to see if it, like Pony Boy, has had any other changes made to it)

- Tripoli [infected Mix] (a promo track for Audio of Being where Matt is purposely rambling over it)

Matthew Good (Solo)

- Comfortable Criminals (Avalanche b-side)

- Annabelle (Avalanche b-side, remixed around the White Light-era and given to Amnesty as a download for charity)

- Dusk (White Light-era b-side)

- Alert Status Red [Early Mix] (I still don't know where this is from so it could be fan-made... it's got a short soundbite at the beginning about 'taking a trip to the moon'.

- If I Was A Tidal Wave [Demo] (released before the Hospital Music recording sessions on Matt's myspace)

- Breath Of A Nation (this is only available on live bootlegs. Was first played in Ottawa at the free acoustic show)

- Keira-Anne (only partially available on Raymi's youtube clip)

- Can't get Shot In The Back... (Hospital Music b-side)

- Can't Get Shot In The Back... [Early Mix] (This is the demo from the pre-White Light Rock & Roll Review sessions)

- Coming Out In Purple [Distortion Mix] (released on the History Teacher bootleg)

- Empty Road [Acoustic] (this is just the audio from a video made of Matt recording the song in the studio for the White Light sessions)

- Girl In The War (audio from the video he's hosting on his site)

- I Am Not Safer Than A Bank [Demo] (hosted on the site pre-Hospital Music session)

- Lullaby For A New World Order [Acoustic] (hosted as a bonus track on the House of Smoke & Mirrors website)

- Near Fantastica [Acoustic] (a free gift offered to the members of the Metro messageboard community)

- Near Fantastica [Radio Edit] (this is essentially the original version of the song which Matt extended for inclusion on Avalanche).

- Weapon [instrumental] (bonus track, House of Smoke & Mirrors)

Bon Tempo

- The Bon Tempo EP (which includes: Daddy's Got A Brand New Van, Corporate America, Bespin The Betrayal, No. 9, Slow & Low, Subjugate Me, Reprise)

- Jack & Merle

- Angry White American

- Nuke Pep Squad

- Portrait Of An Artist In The Jungle

** Note: Everything except the EP has not been stated to be a Bon Tempo project... but its essentially Matt dicking around with his recording equipment so I included it here.

+jackpillowhead

- Seriously, Serious

- Agorophobe (this demo has been reworked more than twice by Ryan Dahle and will most likely appear on his next release)

- Free Download

** Note: I suspect a demo version of The Devil's In Your Details may also have been put together around the same time as these. When these songs were released they were given track numbers with Seriously, Serious being the 1st, Agorophobe being the 2nd, and Free Download being the 4th. The 3rd track remained unreleased.

I'm probably still missing a few things... his live covers and extended or altered versions of songs he's played live but I thought I'd stick to professional or semi-professionally recorded material.

there's not much here i'm missing. i have bon temp, but not the songs listed underneath it (jack and merle, etc). 

On 4/19/2020 at 4:00 PM, paulonious said:

so is the NF store still toast?

Coming back around for the first time in ages, it's not promising that it's been toast for nearly a year. Do you know if they've got any plans to bring it back up?

I missed the free download of the 20m demo for Something Like a Storm by a day. I didn't get the notification about it until the day after via email, and now it looks like it may be gone forever ?

11 hours ago, CommieKazie said:

Coming back around for the first time in ages, it's not promising that it's been toast for nearly a year. Do you know if they've got any plans to bring it back up?

I missed the free download of the 20m demo for Something Like a Storm by a day. I didn't get the notification about it until the day after via email, and now it looks like it may be gone forever ?

There are a shit load of Demo's and full live shows in the + Section. Not sure how many posts you need to gain access there.  Are you Kazie from Pittsburgh?

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out.

Naw, I'm West Coast US, it's a helluva drive to make it to Canada for live shows I'll say, haha
But it's been worth it every time!

6 hours ago, foats said:

There are a shit load of Demo's and full live shows in the + Section.

I'm either blind or I don't have the points to even see that link 'cause I can't find it, haha. Can you link me?

On 1/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, CommieKazie said:

I have the 20 minute Something Like A Storm as an mp3. I have no problem sharing it through the proper channels. It's still one of my favorite tracks Matt has done. Was kinda sad when none of it made it into the album version.

Another rarity I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Bad Pennies. Uploaded without fanfare to Matt's myspace page, sometime between 2004 - 2006....he described it as a joke song and quickly deleted it. I think he said he was just needed to quickly host it somewhere online to send it to someone for a laugh. I still have the mp3 of that too. For a joke song it's pretty great!

One more I thought of. We Are A Place. I think elements of that became Non Populus.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:43 PM, Crusader said:

Bad Pennies is great and I still think Matt should put it on an album!

Didn't MG try to rework it for an album? Maybe Chaotic Neutral?

(I vaguely recall us pestering him about it when we sent him the "All You Sons and Daughters" demo that he didn't have.)

Also, for anyone who doesn't have it, the mastered (final) version of "All Together" was eventually released officially, albeit only here:

https://ca.7digital.com/artist/matthew-good/release/all-together-1820484

On 2/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, uglyredhonda said:

Didn't MG try to rework it for an album? Maybe Chaotic Neutral?

(I vaguely recall us pestering him about it when we sent him the "All You Sons and Daughters" demo that he didn't have.)

Also, for anyone who doesn't have it, the mastered (final) version of "All Together" was eventually released officially, albeit only here:

https://ca.7digital.com/artist/matthew-good/release/all-together-1820484

I think this is the same version as what's on youtube:

Maybe it's different than the version in the store you linked, but I cant tell the difference haha

I had the original version of "All together" in MP3 format for years but lost it when I was trying to partition my HDD.  Under older versions of windows, during installation you could clear a partition and only install on that without having to clear the whole drive, unfortunately with windows 10 installation, I couldn't do that and I lost everything.  (Maybe it was windows 7).  Anyway, I liked the unmastered version better. I don't like the creepy circus music they added and the weird sound effect.  Its ok but  meh thats me.

Hello,

I found a 3 part series of clips once on his Blog when he was demoing for Vancouver using GarageBand and showing his demoing process.

One of the 3 clips was a sneak peak into what later would become Empty's Theme Park I believe..

The other two clips were about this untitled one:

Only a little part (Matt: "Chorus has been done..."), but I absolutely love these few seconds.

Does anybody remember this demo, how it's called and has Matt released a hole demo or has he played it live?

Thanks for your help!

On 5/26/2021 at 1:03 AM, Litzi said:

Only a little part (Matt: "Chorus has been done..."), but I absolutely love these few second

Does anybody remember this demo, how it's called and has Matt released a hole demo or has he played it live?

Thanks for your help!

I remember when he released these on his website.  I'm almost positive that nothing was ever released from that song besides this.  Yeah it's a really cool clip.

On 1/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, Scott Rodgerson said:

I'd put together a pack of these for the folks on r/matthewgood a little while back. If we could get a definitive list together (demos, b-sides, etc.) I'd be happy to put together a master .zip with everything formatted correctly (art, ID3 tags, etc.).

That would be amazing and greatly appreciated, Scott. I think some of us are very behind.

Scott's post was from 2 yrs ago.  Hopefully he is still here and active.  Unfortunately the bored lost some really good long time fans/members in the past year or 2.  I pray they find their way back as their information and hard work was always appreciated by me.