JadenB19

Need Help Choosing A Good Song.

We've been given an assignment to choose a song with deep philosophical undertones. We then pass out copies of the lyrics and play the song in class. Afterwards we are to discuss the meaning or significance behind the song. I can't really decide what song would be best for this. I'd really appreciate any suggestions provided with some type of reasoning.

Thanks in advance. ;)

I don't think it's a good idea to ask here. Each song means something different to each of us. For instance, All Together reminds me of the situation I was in back in 2005. But it'll mean something else to someone else.

You should try and use the one YOU think is best! ;)

I don't think it's a good idea to ask here. Each song means something different to each of us. For instance, All Together reminds me of the situation I was in back in 2005. But it'll mean something else to someone else.

You should try and use the one YOU think is best! ;)

I lost this song when my computer got a virus. Can someone please post it? It would be truly appreciate it :angry:

Litzi Posted on Feb 9 2008, 10:35 AM

Near Fantastica and Empty Road really let me thinking of what he wanted to say. NF reminds me of some good old days

Near Fantastica has that exact same effect on me as well. Makes me feel really nostalgic.

Okay. I've narrowed it down to the following songs.

Sort of a Protest Song

Near Fantastica

Suburbia

Fated

Strangest One Of All

Look Happy it's the end of the world

At the time I'm really considering Suburbia. I live in a shitty little town and it might appeal to some of my audience.

i've used a bunch in different papers.

strange days is great to express the doldrums of working class.

suburbia for suburbs.

if i was a tidal wave if pretty blatent about foreign affairs.

i think the best choice isn't something someone here tells you though, nor something blatent. if it's philosophy, i think you should take something where the meaning of the lyrics are nothing but subjective because of their vagueness.

just my opinion.

i think the best choice isn't something someone here tells you though, nor something blatent. if it's philosophy, i think you should take something where the meaning of the lyrics are nothing but subjective because of their vagueness.

just my opinion.

"under the influence"