Kumquat

Who's the best live band?

Red Hot Chili Peppers

do you enjoy watching a band hide behind their instruments while playing music exactly like it is on the CD????

i would have the say RHCP were the worst band live and biggest disappointment in ym life.

Preach on... especially after the spectacular show the stone temple pilots ha put on it was even that much more dissapointing.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

do you enjoy watching a band hide behind their instruments while playing music exactly like it is on the CD????

i would have the say RHCP were the worst band live and biggest disappointment in ym life.

Preach on... especially after the spectacular show the stone temple pilots ha put on it was even that much more dissapointing.

the show from the molson ampitheatre??? STP was one of the best performancecs ever that night. Who else could get people from the lawn to rush the stage.

While i am on the Ampitheatre, i wouls also like to express my disappointment for this summers Curiosia festival. The main satge had Interpol and a bunch of mediocore bands. The side stage was awesome though, Muse great show, Auf Der Mar Great show....

Red Hot Chili Peppers

the show from the molson ampitheatre??? STP was one of the best performancecs ever that night. Who else could get people from the lawn to rush the stage.

While i am on the Ampitheatre, i wouls also like to express my disappointment for this summers Curiosia festival. The main satge had Interpol and a bunch of mediocore bands. The side stage was awesome though, Muse great show, Auf Der Mar Great show....

your a wanker, because Interpol, Mogwai, and The Rapture owned the festival.

Muse are shite, get over it.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Hey look! Something we actually agree on.

Cept the wanker part.

Best live shows I've seen:

Finger Eleven

Idle Sons

Seether

Stereophonics

Matt Good

Killswitch Engage

A Perfect Circle

Moneen

Modest Mouse(back before they blew up in the mainstream)

Metric

Veruca Salt

Moist

Tea Party

Collective Soul

Big Sugar(who easily take the award for loudest show ever)

Face To Face

Alexisonfire

Hopesfall

I could probably list more but I'm just too lazy to do so at the moment.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

mogwai were garbage, and i gave gredit to Interpol.

in response to another post. I love the phonics but i have never realy been blown away by them live..

Finger Eleven is Great Live...

and no one had mentioned Big Wreck/Thornley who put on a great show... especially with the waychmen as the encore act.

Modest Mouse(back before they blew up in the mainstream)

so because they "blew up in the mainstream" that means they dont put on a good live show anymore?

if a band is good live, they stay that way, regardless of popularity...

I didn't mean it the way that you took it. I guess I omitted the fact that I wasn't too familiar with the band at the time and it was pretty much my introduction to them. Sorry, sometimes I leave out critical pieces which I assume that people know. I didn't mean that more success automatically equals crappier live show.

I haven't seen them since they blew up and it might be a totally different atmosphere though. I wonder if a fair amount of the audience is all the "fans" who are just riding on the It's Popular Now bandwagon, and they'll hop off as soon as the next big thing comes around. Unfortunate, as Modest Mouse is a great band who deserves the recognition, but true.

I haven't seen many live shows, but Wil is mind blowing.

Agreed.8

I opened this thread with the sole purpose of saying that Wil is the best live act I've seen. He played damn near 4 hours, and broke 3 different strings on his guitar.

Crazy.

I also agree with matthew good, green day and big sugar.