Kumquat

Who's the best live band?

in your opinion, which band is absolutely amazing live?

my vote is torn between the red hot chili peppers and incubus. both are awesome live and they both give off this energy from stage you can feel all over the crowd. yee haw.

You will all hate me for saying this, but Limkin Park is sweet live, They are great with crowds....Story of the Year are crazy too, backflips in the middle of guitar solos

Honorable mentions go to U2 (they tried to buy 10 thousand slices of pizza once) and Arrogant Worms (soooo funnny)

tool have been by far the best band i've seen live. visually the show is astounding, the band themselves are tight and aren't afraid to experiment. when i say experiment, i don't mean sniffing coke off of hookers, i mean they take chances with their songs and dont play carbon copies of the album.

foo fighters deliver an energetic set from start to finish.

matthew good has a hard time controlling the crowd, that's what i've found. EDIT: but the band is pretty solid musically, still. no complaints there.

raine maida likes to masturbate on stage.

Edited by borntohula

in your opinion, which band is absolutely amazing live?

my vote is torn between the red hot chili peppers and incubus. both are awesome live and they both give off this energy from stage you can feel all over the crowd. yee haw.

those are easily 2 of the most OVER rated live bands I've ever seen. The last time i saw RHCP, i went to see the Mars Volta and Queens of the Stone Age open. Kedis had to go off stage every few songs for an OXYGEN MASK. In my mind, thats when its time to pack it in, and call it a day.

as for the BEST live bands I've ever seen, I would have to say.

Radiohead

Sigur Ros

Wilco

Blur

The Cure

Morrissey

Green Day

U2 is by far the greatest live band i have ever seen

and i've been to somewhere around 30 concerts from differrent bands... i have all the tickets in my room

Green Day is fucking PRO too

Billy Joe is a great singer

i also loved Bruce Springsteen

Death Cab For Cutie. I saw them at the Commodore and they were fantastic. They never missed a note yet they managed to make all the songs sound fresh.

And Ben Gibbard refered to George Bush as an inarticulate, monkey-eared piece of shit.