Crusader

Arrows Of Desire

News update in progress.

- New album is going to be called "Arrows of Desire" and will be out in September 2013.

- Warne Livesey won't be producing this time around, MG will be producing it himself.

- Album named after a William Blake poem..

- Lots of metaphors like in the Beautiful Midnight era.

Oh yeah. I knew that. Then I forgot about it. I haven't listened to a lot of Matt Good lately to be honest. I guess I'm kinda rusty. Been "expanding my horizons". But I'll be happy to get a new MG album in September. I'm sure it'll be great.

Edited by Gomo

I find it interesting that it's titled after a William Blake poem, since the poet in question was primarily known for being "mad" due to his eccentricity -- and then after he was gone he was widely considered a genius. It's an odd title for sure, but it's actually pretty clever in retrospect.

It's refreshing this time around because I've heard very little from this album. The past two albums I practically heard the whole album (in demo form) a while before it was released.

Gomo: I kinda know what you're saying. For over a year now probably I have listened to very little Matthew Good. It's weird because for quite a few years he was my most consistently listened to artist. I would listen to other things as well but I would always go back to him after a short while, more-so than anyone else. I guess I've needed a break from his music. I've been in a Matthew Good funk. Then again I was in a music funk altogether for a few months last year. I am looking forward to the new album though.

Does anyone know if he used Garage Band on this one?

Nice to get some updates about the album.

Here's an interview I just found http://www.spinner.c...d-old-fighters/

The phrase "first world problems," which was first coined by Good in Matthew Good Band's 1995 song "Omissions of the Omen" with the lyrics: "someone would love to have my first world problems" has blown up into a cultural zeitgeist and Good's original message of illustrating the often hollow complains made by those in the "first world" has since spawned videos and memes.

Not that I have any evidence that says otherwise but this kind of surprised me.

It's refreshing this time around because I've heard very little from this album. The past two albums I practically heard the whole album (in demo form) a while before it was released.

Gomo: I kinda know what you're saying. For over a year now probably I have listened to very little Matthew Good. It's weird because for quite a few years he was my most consistently listened to artist. I would listen to other things as well but I would always go back to him after a short while, more-so than anyone else. I guess I've needed a break from his music. I've been in a Matthew Good funk. Then again I was in a music funk altogether for a few months last year. I am looking forward to the new album though.

Does anyone know if he used Garage Band on this one?

I'm also looking forward to having it be absolutely fresh for me, other than the few snippets that were posted by Anthony during the recording process (I already know a bit of the bassline to one of the songs thanks to that!).

I've gone through the "funk" as well where I just kind of drift away from Matt's music for a bit, listen to other stuff, and then one of his songs will come up on my iPhone and it'll just draw me back in.

In regards to Garageband, I imagine it was used for the demo process, but I wouldn't go quoting me on that.

I've just kind of been discovering a lot of new music since last summer. That was partly due to this awesome radio station that started up here in New York last July and then died in November. They were playing some awesome stuff that I never heard before. I can't believe it took me all these years to start listening to Jeff Buckley. Holy fucking shit was he amazing.

Anyway, I've been in a Matt Good funk yeah, but when I go through those funks, the one album that I still consistently play is Last of the Ghetto Astronauts...which of course he famously hates. Go figure.

Edited by Gomo

I can't believe it took me all these years to start listening to Jeff Buckley. Holy fucking shit was he amazing.

Same here. I just discovered him a few years ago by accident. Yeah, he is really amazing. It is sad he died so tragically at a young age. I really like Hallelujah, Last Goodbye, and Lilac Wine. The music video for Last Goodbye is pretty good too.

Tracklist posted from the single thread:

Arrows of Desire:

1. Arrows of Desire

2. Via Dolorosa

3. Had It Coming

4. We're Long Gone

5. So Close

6. Garden of Knives

7. Mutineering

8. Hey Hell Heaven

9. Guns of Carolina

10. Letters in Wartime

On 8/13/2013 at 9:01 AM, Tips said:

1. Arrows Of Desire (feat. Yes)

2. Via Dolorosa (feat. Yes)

3. Had It Coming (feat. Yes)

4. We're Long Gone (feat. Yes)

5. So Close (feat. Yes)

6. Garden Of Knives (feat. Yes)

7. Mutineering (feat. Yes)

8. Hey Hell Heaven (feat. Yes)

9. Guns Of Carolina (feat. Yes)

10. Letters In Wartime (feat. Yes)

Woah, did he get Yes to play on this album? Might this finally be the prog-rock opera based on the Lord of the Rings that he's talked about recording? (Maybe "Arrows of Desire" is about Legolas?)

;)