if you won, I hate you

"Judging by the number of emails I've received, there is some confusion about the patch giveaway, and how to enter.

All you have to do is visit the site in a browser with javascript enabled. Every day that you visit the site, it's like you're spinning the prize wheel. If you win, you'll see a fairly obnoxious sign-up form which will give you further instructions. If you don't win, you'll see a fairly obnoxious 'communication interrupted' message.

If the javascript is not working, you will see "intercepting quantum communication" on your screen, and will stay there. Be that the case, I strongly recommend you get Firefox, and if you're not allowed to install Firefox at work, well, you probably shouldn't be visiting our site from work anyway. "

ive heard it all, GREAT album! vessel is one crazy ass fucking track, this is the kind of album where you truly will go deaf if you listen to it too loudly.

zero sum

capital g

in this twilight

good soldier

another version of the truth

meet your master

amazing amazing songs

This has surfaced on a few forums.  I guess some advance copies have already gone out:

frontiy9or3.jpg

backtt5rt4.jpg

look at this guys:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7941/frontiy9.jpg

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/4984/backtt5.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3693/stickerwf4.jpg

i got it from i guy who claimed that he has year zero and wanted to sell it in a bid in allegro.pl, but - whats most weird - site closed this auction.

heh cool guys, i'm from official polish site about NIN, i just thought it can be interesting for rest of the world, so i made acc and put this thread.

and thats the story of that.

Edited by Hyphnip

pretty much, yeah. nothing memorable, at least.

after my first listen, i pretty much feel the same. not that it sucks so much but the fact that nothing was memorable. but i can see why you'd make that correlation. it seems like he's going along with the "same shit, different colour" kind of formula... where he's stuck with the same kind of song structures, shitty lyrics, etc. and is trying to make up for it with lots of noise. the fact that the album is marketed as such is an indicator of that to me. some parts rock really hard, but they're all pretty predictable. it's like he's replaced the ambiance and strings from the fragile with a wall of noise, which has a similar, filler/atmospheric effect.

what pisses me off about it so much is how predictable the melodies all are. i could hum the fucking song in my head never having heard it before.

aside from the songs that were "leaked" weeks ago, not a whole lot on this album interested me. no "beside you in time" this time around...