Dan #2

Star Wars Episode 3 (spoiler Alert!)

That was fucking crazy. Blew both of the first prequels out of the water. i loved the scene where Obi-Wan crashes the lizard creature.

And CHEWBAKA!! That was so sweet, i love wookies.

did you guys notice that during quiet scenes with Anakin, you could faintly hear Darth Vader's breathing?

i was disapointed only by Mace Windu's death. Jedi masters should go out cool, not like floppy wankers...

oh boy.. it almost rivals the originals...

and JarJar Binks got no lead lines!

it was worth sitting outside the theatre 10 hours for...

Yikes, I love Chewbacca, but those wookies were scary, and very digital... I liked the original much more huggable.

Seeing Yoda get thrown around like a rag doll, so sad...

Yeah, I agree the seen with Mace Windu seemed very poorly done, bad acting and bad writing.

I also agree it was by far the best of the prequels no contest.

The ending kind of dragged on that was my only real compliant, like I think it should have ended right after Darth Vader breathed for the first time... every thing after that was obvious and unnecessary.

The ending kind of dragged on that was my only real compliant, like I think it should have ended right after Darth Vader breathed for the first time... every thing after that was obvious and unnecessary.

nah, the ending on tatooine was definitly needed. its a dark movie, so it needed those last seconds to give a little glimmer of hope just for story-sake.

oh, and was grand moff tarkin at the end Computer Generated?

I thought it was wonderful... It just felt so good, it's like closure...

I can say absolutely nothing bad about George Lucas' directing: he is a master of visual story telling, and in that sense, this is his masterpiece. Where he is really lacking is dialogue. But, I can't pick on that too much, because it isn't that kind of movie.

I thought the design of General Grievous was AMAZING. His movements were so beautiful and creepy, and his eyes and, of course, the saber fight with Obi-Wan (one word: WOW!)

Hayden Christensen as Anakin was pitch-perfect... Every step in the wrong direction that Anikin made was so easy to believe the way Christensen did it.

I guess Im the only one in the world who thought that it was just an "ok" movie. Too much time spent on special effects rather than a decent script. (or cast for that matter, but theyd have to change all of the prequals)

Too much time spent on special effects rather than a decent script.

There were only one or two scenes where I found the dialog to be questionable.

As for Grevious, he was most definately half droid half living. When he was coughing I was confused, then when he was using the force (lightsabres) I was WTFing and getting frustrated, but when they did the close-up on his eyes it was all explained. As said, it must have been an earlier version of the tech Sidius uses to keep Vader alive.

Edited by itchy

Okie dokie, so 'Sith' pulls in $16.5 million on the midnight show, and a total of $50 million on Thursday alone, making it the highest grossing one day opening ever. That said, I found it to be 'just alright'.

General Grivious, was a tad annoying to say the least. Instead of all this guessing of what he was, couldn't it have just be explained? Instead of all that political jibberjabba, maybe some decent explianation of some things. For instance, Order 66? I got it alright, but when was this implanted in the clones? Are they sleepers? Was it explained in Episode II? Cause if so, I missed it. I mean, they're fighting for the Republic, and then the Emperor just gives an order and they're on the opposite side? I can make my own conclusion, but with this type of movie, I shouldn't have to.

And did anyone else think Anakin turned to the dark side too quick? I mean, he's all like...'I'm going to have to turn you in Chancellor, you're a Sith Lord'

....(after killing Mace Windu) 'What have I done?' to 'I'll do whatever you ask Master.

Up until that point, it was going good. He was turning slowly, you could see it. And then, without any indication. 'Yes Master'. I thought it was too quick.

And the dialogue was so pathetic it was almost laughable. I've read better in bathroom stalls. 'Anakin, you're breaking my heart'.

With all of my complaints, I found it enjoyable. Much better than I and II. No where near IV, V and VI.

The dialogue was kind of weak at some points, but remember emo-kid anakin from II? that was just bad...

I know what you mean with the Dark Side deal though, but i guess it is a movie, and it has all along said that Anakin has been weak...

i didn't like the continuity though. Anakin seemed more evil in parts of II than he did in III.

And i was kind of pissed of at the General Greivous lightsaber battle. How the hell did ObiWan defeat him? i didn't like that, but i understand how he's superior, i guess.

Did anyone watch all of the clone wars cartoons, it fills everything in between episode II and III, Anakin being promoted to Jedi Knight, all the battles, the story Obi-Won references "that incident on this planet doesn't sound" talking to anakin.... and also how General Greivous kidnapped the Palpitine.

Greivous kills like 4 jedi in the cartoon its awesome.

oh, and was grand moff tarkin at the end Computer Generated?

I think he was computer generated, he looked almost exactly like the origional dead actor and had the blurry just not quite right look of CG.

As far as the cartoons, it's called Star Wars: The Clone Wars Volume I and it's on DVD. It was on Cartoon Network awhile back. It's the shit, dude. Way better then the movies, you see what real Jedi are like. Anywho, they should be releasing Volume II soon.

edit: Did anyone else think that when the Emperor executed Order 66, that the Jedi that got killed off by the Clones were punked? They seemed like little pussies. You'd think that a Jedi would sense something.

Edited by matrix

Yoda sensed something. I mean, yeah, they were betrayed and even if they had sensed they were going to be betrayed, they wouldn't have had much time to do anything about it. I just felt like they were all a little clueless for being Jedi's.

I think Aston Kutcher should have came up on the screen and said "Yo Jedi! You just got punk'd!!!"

But the Jedi SHOULD have sensed something was going to happen, I mean they ARE jedi for a reason...