matrix

Batman Begins F'in Rocks...

This was by far the best movie I've seen this summer. Christian Bale did a wonderful performance of Batman. The boy who played Scarecrow was very creepy indeed. Liam Neison was great as Raz Al-Gul, and Christopher Nolan is one of the best directors in recent years. I'm so glad they went back to the actual idea of the 'Dark Knight'. The comics, especially in recent years, are by no means a kids tale, and that's how the movie should be and was. The backstory was great too.

Two gripes though...Katie Holmes' character could have been completely cut out and the hand to hand fight scenes had way too many cuts in them. Let me see the damn action. Everyone who makes an action film should get a clue from the Matrix....long, pulled back takes.

Edited by matrix

I saw it opening night. It was good, but it just wasn't what I was expecting/hoping. I was expecting a darker and matured Spiderman, but it wasn't that at all. It just seemed to be missing some epic feature to it or something. I'm not sure how to explain it. I thought Scarecrow needed more of an introduction as well.

But I still liked it.

This was by far the best movie I've seen this summer. Christian Bale did a wonderful performance of Batman. The boy who played Scarecrow was very creepy indeed. Liam Neison was great as Raz Al-Gul, and Christopher Nolan is one of the best directors in recent years. I'm so glad they went back to the actual idea of the 'Dark Knight'. The comics, especially in recent years, are by no means a kids tale, and that's how the movie should be and was. The backstory was great too.

Two gripes though...Katie Holmes' character could have been completely cut out and the hand to hand fight scenes had way too many cuts in them. Let me see the damn action. Everyone who makes an action film should get a clue from the Matrix....long, pulled back takes.

im glad they didn't show much of the fights. the more you actually see of batman, the less believable it is. the only thing that mattered was that you saw batman kicking ass, and heard him punching people. HARD. that's one thing that the previous movies completely left out: the fact that he was brutal in a fight.

the inclusion of thomas wayne as a more important figure in this film was well done, as well as jim gordon's more important role in this franchise. within the first 15 minutes, this film blew the previous 4 out of the water.

i like batman but don't tell anyone.

also i think katie holmes should die.

the sooner the better.

Does this mean that saturnine is batman?

I still say they should make another movie in the 60'Adam west style. I miss how they used to parallel park the batmobile and then scale the wall so inconspiculously in broad daylight. then Robin would get his pansy ass all tied up and we'd have to wait till the next episode to watch batman save him.

I own the 1966 classic.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single service ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuously, through the window. We'll use our Bat-Ropes. Our job is finished."

I love it so much. Did anyone else catch the reunion that was on a couple years ago?

"The Misadventures of Adam and Burt" or something like that? Man it was camp-o-lisious.

That movie is easily the best one I've seen this summer and the best superhero movie I've ever seen.

The scene with the ninjas and when the actor playing The Scarecrow responds to a guy asking, "who are we looking for?" with a simple, "the batman." both give me chills....cause their both awesome.

*exiting fan-boy mode*

It was SUCH an awesome redeeming movie. Apparently rumours are abound that because of its box office success, they're going to be remaking all of the other Batman movies (i'm assuming in the Nolan way.)

I loved the way the villains were portrayed. Even in Batman & Batman Returns, the villains were a bit overdone. In this movie they seemed so much more real. The guy that played the scarecrow was awesome.

In reference to the very first two qualms, i don't think the whole Holmes subplot could have been cut. I just think Holmes herself could've been. She's just lucky she's damn fine.

I'm in full agreement with the action scenes. I understand Nolan didn't want to focus on that in fear of repeating Batman movie mistakes. But honestly, if youre going to put in a punchup scene at LEAST give the audience the chance to see what's going on. Matrix style shots are definitly the way to go.