It's not exactly a literary classic, but I recently finished reading a series of books by Greg Rucka (Keeper, Finder, Smoker, Shooting at Midnight, and Critical Space), and they're the funnest books I've ever read. Not "Haha" funny, but just really enjoyable. ;)

IT by stephen king.

i have always been a sucker for stories about groups of friends. like the boxcar children. they never solved the mystery but they sure knew how to make people break down and cry out their confessions. "it was me! i put the blue sparklers in the red sparkler pouch!"

Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monsters - Chuck Palahniuk

Have you read "Choke"? I own it, it's rather... erotic.

No, it's the only one of Palahniuk's that I haven't read. I'm currently reading his new one, Haunted. Some of it's pretty stomach-churning. I heard a while ago that they were making movies out of both Choke and Survivor, but I haven't heard anything about it recently. How does Choke compare to his other novels?

I worked in a bookstore for 2 years, and I loved every minute of it.

As a result, these are some of my favourite books:

Life After God or Girlfriend in a Coma - Douglas Coupland (my favourite author ever. EVER!)

Lamb - Christopher Moore (the Life of Christ, as told by his best buddy Biff... hilarious)

Geek Love - Katherine Dunn (A family intentionally breeds themselves to be carnival sideshows... I want to write the screenplay for this)

Out - Natsuo Kirino (Japanese Murder story. Brutal. Couldn't put it down)

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley (Hauntingly accurate, and a wee bit unnerving because of it. I read it when I was 9, and have loved books since)

House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski (The weirdest freakiest book I have ever read in my life!)

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - JRR Tolkein (Need I explain this one?)

Edited by umboula

and i dont want to live this life - deborah spungen

(biography of nancy spungen)

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I LOVE THAT BOOK. no one has EVER heard of that book when i mention it to them... you are so awesome.

;) it is a fabulous book.

lyke, let's be best friends and braid eachother's hair and lyke, tell eachother everything! lolz!!

I LOVE THAT BOOK. no one has EVER heard of that book when i mention it to them... you are so awesome.

lyke, let's be best friends and braid eachother's hair and lyke, tell eachother everything! lolz!!

OMG YESSSS WANNA HAVE A SLEEPOVER?

god, i thought you would never see that post. (8)

seriously, after i read that i SO did not think sid killed her. i dunno what you think, but that was my opinion.

OMG YESSSS WANNA HAVE A SLEEPOVER?

god, i thought you would never see that post. (8)

seriously, after i read that i SO did not think sid killed her. i dunno what you think, but that was my opinion.

omgz, BFF!!!!

yeah i never thought he did.

well i think he was the one that stabbed her, but she was the one who asked for it and such.

but the poem he wrote for her that he gave to nancy's mom... was so sad/nice.

i'm glad thats where the title came from.

nerd? i think so.

it's odd because you would think that a book written by her mother would make you hate the guy.. and it was totally the opposite.

i am gonna read that again as soon as i finish with the lord of the rings books.

(what was that you said about nerds?)

"Fidy Cent: The Life, The Man, The Gansta" - Written and directed by Eminem ft. Dr. Dre, ft. Snoop Dogg, ft. Matthew Good.

Fucking awesome book, brought a tear to my right eye!

How can a book be directed? :angry:

Anyways, nice to see Matthew Good lending his talents to the rap community. ;)